No ultimatum to Congress, says NCPJuly 25th, 2012 - 3:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 25 (IANS) The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) Wednesday said it had issued no ultimatum to the Congress and only wanted “better coordination” in the United Progressive Alliance (UPA).
“There is no ultimatum… We only want better coordination… A dialogue can solve these issues,” NCP leader and Heavy Industries Minister Praful Patel told reporters.
According to Patel, the NCP, which runs a coalition government with the Congress in Maharashtra, is not gunning for the removal of Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
“Who would be Maharashtra chief minister is not an issue… that has been decided and it is for the Congress to decide,” Patel said.
The NCP Monday put on hold its decision to stay out of the UPA government till Wednesday citing coalition glitches.
But it also reiterated that it continued to be an integral part of the Congress-led UPA.
The NCP’s grouse is that it was not consulted on key policy decisions at the central and state level and there was lack of coordination between the NCP and the Congress.
To mark their protest, NCP ministers did not attend Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s farewell dinner for outgoing President Pratibha Patil.
However, Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar and Patel were present at a send off for her in parliament earlier in the day.
- PM willing to talk to NCP 'on any issue' (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- NCP to stay in UPA but attend no function, skips PM's dinner (Roundup) - Jul 23, 2012
- Congress, NCP stand-off ends with decision on better coordination (Roundup) - Jul 25, 2012
- Ready to talk to NCP: Manmohan Singh - Jul 25, 2012
- NCP to stay with UPA, but skip functions: Praful Patel (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Congress, NCP stand-off ends with decision on better coordination (Intro-Roundup) - Jul 26, 2012
- Maharashtra Congress goes into huddle over NCP's stance - Jul 23, 2012
- PM praises Pawar, UPA row ebbs for now (Roundup) - Jul 20, 2012
- Congress tries hard to mollify NCP, Pawar unswayed (Intro Roundup) - Jul 21, 2012
- UPA coordination panel holds first meeting - Aug 09, 2012
- UPA coordination committee to meet Aug 8 (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Sharad Pawar targets Maharashtra government - Jun 02, 2012
- NCP unhappy in Maharashtra also - Jul 21, 2012
- Ajit Pawar to be new Maharashtra deputy chief minister (Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- Ajit Pawar is Maharashtra deputy chief minister (Second Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,