No replacements for Raja, Maran: KarunanidhiJuly 24th, 2011 - 10:54 pm ICT by IANS
Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu), July 24 (IANS) The DMK has decided against nominating representatives for berths in the union cabinet left vacant after its ministers resigned, party president M. Karunanidhi said Sunday, but added the alliance with the Congress will continue.
Speaking to reporters after the conclusion of party’s two day executive and general council meeting held in this Tamil Nadu textile town, Karunanidhi said the party will not send replacements for the two ministers, who had resigned, and the status quo will be maintained.
The two slots in the union cabinet fell vacant after the resignations of former communications minister A. Raja and former textiles minister Dayanidhi Maran.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, after the cabinet reshuffle early this month, had said that the two slots will be kept vacant for DMK.
Karunanidhi stressed that his party’s relationship with Congress is intact.
Asked about the leadership changes in the DMK, Karunanidhi said the party will stick to its inner party election schedule.
The party will not change its leaders to suit media speculation, he said.
- Tie-up with Congress stays but no new ministers: DMK (Fourth Lead) - Jul 25, 2011
- Tie-up with Congress stays but no new ministers: DMK (Third Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- DMK silent on cabinet representation, alliance (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- DMK cadres ready for soul-searching at Coimbatore - Jul 22, 2011
- DMK meet ends; silence on cabinet slots, Congress tie-up (Second Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Maran quits as minister after 2G scam involvement (Second Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- DMK ministers to submit their resignations to PM - Mar 07, 2011
- Congress alliance with DMK will continue: Pranab (Lead) - Jul 09, 2011
- DMK ministers meet Pranab, as discussions on seat sharing continue - Mar 08, 2011
- DMK ministers to resign from Union Cabinet tomorrow - Mar 06, 2011
- Congress-DMK talks on seat sharing continue - Mar 08, 2011
- Pranab may meet Karunanidhi (Lead) - Jul 08, 2011
- DMK pull out from Government put off by a day - Mar 07, 2011
- Badly sullied DMK is down but not out - Jul 07, 2011
- DMK to discuss ties with Congress July 23-24 - Jun 25, 2011
Tags: berths, cabinet reshuffle, dayanidhi maran, dmk, election schedule, leadership changes, m karunanidhi, manmohan, manmohan singh, media speculation, party election, party president, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, replacements, resignations, slots, tamil nadu, textile town, union cabinet