No question of resignation: Praful PatelJuly 20th, 2012 - 1:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 20 (IANS) The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) was unhappy but there was no question of resigning from the cabinet, Heavy Industries Minister Praful Patel said Friday, dismissing speculation that he and party chief Sharad Pawar, who is the agriculture minister, had quit.
“Till such time we have not formally resigned… there is no question, issue is not about resignation at all,” Patel said.
“We are unhappy about some aspects, which have been raised in the meeting with the prime minister and Sonia Gandhi,” he said.
There was speculation that the two NCP leaders had quit the union cabinet over dissatisfaction that the number two position in the government was not being given to Pawar.
The NCP is a key member of the ruling United Progressive Alliance.
- Praful denies resignation, NCP stays with UPA (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- NCP and government mend fences, PM praises Pawar (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- PM praises Pawar, UPA row ebbs for now (Roundup) - Jul 20, 2012
- Congress tries hard to mollify NCP, Pawar unswayed (Intro Roundup) - Jul 21, 2012
- Pawar meets Sonia to discuss 'coalition issues' - Jul 20, 2012
- Congress, NCP stand-off ends with decision on better coordination (Roundup) - Jul 25, 2012
- Unhappy Pawar, Patel offer to quit (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Pawar, Patel meet Sonia Gandhi - Nov 03, 2011
- Congress, NCP stand-off ends with decision on better coordination (Intro-Roundup) - Jul 26, 2012
- PM willing to talk to NCP 'on any issue' (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Pawar, Patel skip cabinet meeting - Jul 19, 2012
- NCP skips cabinet meeting over 'problems' (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- NCP declares truce, alliance to have more 'coordination' (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- PM says Pawar is great asset to government - Jul 20, 2012
- Ally trouble continues to dog Congress - Jul 21, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,