No question hour in parliament for 12th dayNovember 29th, 2010 - 12:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 29 (IANS) Question hour was derailed in both houses of parliament for the 12th day Monday as an unrelenting opposition persisted with its demand for a parliamentary panel probe into the controversial 2G spectrum allotment.
Peace prevailed briefly in the Lok Sabha when Speaker Meira Kumar asked MPs to join her in congratulating Indian sportspersons for their best ever medal tally in Asian Games in China.
However, as soon as she finished reading out her felicitating message for the Indian medal winners at the Asiad, opposition MPs trooped near her podium and started shouting slogans “We want JPC”. The speaker then adjourned the house till 12 noon.
Scenes in the Rajya Sabha were no different as the upper house was also adjourned soon after it met after the weekend. Chairman Hamid Ansari adjourned the house to meet again at noon.
This is the 12th successive day of parliament not transacting any significant business and both houses witnessing adjournments barely minutes after meeting.
The question hour was taken up in the Lok Sabha only Nov 9 when the winter session began. In the Rajya Sabha, the crucial question hour was never taken up due to continuing protests.
- Parliament closes without business for 12th day (Lead) - Nov 29, 2010
- Parliament adjourned again over JPC demand - Dec 03, 2010
- Parliament adjourned till noon - Dec 09, 2010
- Parliament adjourned till noon - Dec 08, 2010
- Parliament adjourned over JPC demand (Lead) - Dec 09, 2010
- Lok Sabha adjourned till 12, Rajya Sabha for day - Dec 06, 2010
- Lok Sabha adjourned over Telangana - Apr 30, 2012
- Parliament adjourned again till noon - Dec 07, 2010
- Both houses of parliament adjourned again - Nov 24, 2011
- Parliament adjourned till noon - yet again - Dec 10, 2010
- 2G spectrum logjam continues, parliament adjourned again (Lead) - Nov 25, 2010
- Day 9 of parliament adjournment, JPC deadlock continues (Second Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Parliament adjourned, but Lok Sabha passes appropriation bills (Second Lead) - Dec 01, 2010
- Parliament disrupted, opposition targets Chidambaram (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Assam violence leads to uproar, parliament adjourned till noon (Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
Tags: 2g, allotment, china, houses of parliament, Lok Sabha, medal tally in asian games, medal winners, meira kumar, New Delhi, opposition mps, parliament, parliamentary panel, peace, podium, protests, rajya sabha, slogans, spectrum, upper house, winter session