No politics behind demand to bring back black money: RamdevApril 13th, 2009 - 5:37 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, April 13 (IANS) Yoga guru Baba Ramdev Monday said he had no political intentions while strongly backing a demand by certain political parties for bringing back black money stashed abroad by Indians.
“I am an Indian first and then a yoga guru, I don’t have any political motive or intentions to back up the demand of certain political parties that black money stuffed in banks abroad be brought back to the country,” Ramdev told reporters at the Raipur Press Club here in Chhattisgarh.
Ramdev, who has floated a political outfit Bharat Swabhiman Trust, had earlier said that the black money lying in bank accounts in Switzerland and other countries could be used to eradicate poverty and illiteracy in India.
“I strongly endorse the demand and I am even ready to campaign for any party which promises to bring the money back to the country. It’s (the money) such a huge amount that could change the fate of the nation in a day,” he said.
“It’s an issue linked to the nation’s pride. I will start a drive on the issue across the nation, through rallies, to ensure that the money be brought to India as early as possible.”
The Bharatiya Janata Party’s prime ministerial aspirant L.K. Advani had April 8, after filing his nomination papers from Gandhinagar seat in Gujarat, said that BJP-led National Democratic Alliance, if voted to power, would strive to bring back black money stashed in tax havens abroad.
- Rahul can be PM if he brings black money back: Ramdev - Jul 18, 2012
- Ramdev to continue fast, gives Monday deadline to PM (lead) - Aug 12, 2012
- Ramdev to continue fast, gives deadline to PM - Aug 12, 2012
- BJP doesn't expect political support from Ramdev: Gadkari - Aug 13, 2012
- Congress shielding those with black money abroad, says Ramdev (Second Lead) - Aug 12, 2012
- NDA leaders call on Ramdev (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Get all on board to get black money back, Mayawati tells UPA - Aug 13, 2012
- Left finds Ramdev's movement mysterious - Jun 04, 2011
- Reveal plan to tackle black money, graft, Ramdev asks PM - Nov 23, 2011
- After NCP, RLD supports Ramdev on black money - Jun 07, 2012
- Baba Ramdev asks PM to act on black money (Roundup) - Aug 10, 2012
- Don't elect those involved in Rajbala's death: Ramdev - Oct 01, 2011
- Thousands join Ramdev's anti-graft fast (Lead) - Jun 04, 2011
- Lok Sabha adjourned over black money issue - Aug 13, 2012
- Rift mars Ramdev-Anna show, PM targeted over graft inaction (Intro Roundup) - Jun 03, 2012
Tags: accounts in switzerland, aspirant, bank accounts, bharatiya janata party, black money, fate, gujarat, illiteracy in india, indians, l k advani, national democratic alliance, nomination papers, political intentions, political motive, political outfit, political parties, raipur, rallies, tax havens, yoga guru