‘No panel on ex-servicemen’s pay anomalies’May 11th, 2009 - 10:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 11 (IANS) The government has not constituted a committee to consider a demand for reducing the gap in the retirement benefits of armed forces personnel, the Election Commission was told Monday.
The Commission last week issued notice to Cabinet Secretary K.M. Chandrasekhar seeking a clarification on media reports that the government had set up a high-level committee to consider the ex-servicemen’s one rank-one pension demand. Had the panel been set up, it would be considered a violation of the poll conduct code, the Commission said in its notice.
“Cabinet secretary has submitted his reply stating that no special committee has been constituted to consider one rank-one pension demand,” Deputy Election Commissioner R. Balakrishnan told reporters.
- Election Commission issues notice to cabinet secretary - May 06, 2009
- High-level panel formed to resolve defence pay disparity - Jul 13, 2012
- Panel's report on defence pay anomalies on Wednesday - Aug 07, 2012
- High-level committees to look at ex-servicemen's 'One Rank, One Pension' demand - May 04, 2009
- Retired defence personnel demand hike in pension - Jul 11, 2010
- Government accepts recommendations on ex-servicemen's pension - Mar 10, 2010
- Defence pay committee makes presentation before PM - Jun 25, 2009
- Health scheme approved for Nepal-domiciled Gorkhas - Jan 04, 2012
- Provide more jobs to retired defence personnel: Antony - Jun 27, 2011
- Govt. implements committee recommendations on ex-soldiers pension - Mar 10, 2010
- Congress official urges ex-servicemen not to return medals - Mar 18, 2010
- One-rank-one-pension not so soon: Antony - Aug 25, 2010
- Report on one rank one pension by month end: President - Jun 04, 2009
- Ex-servicemen return medals over pension equality - Oct 25, 2009
- Ex-servicemen stage protest for 'One Rank-One Pension' - Apr 12, 2009
Tags: anomalies, armed forces, balakrishnan, cabinet secretary, clarification on, election commission, election commissioner, gap, New Delhi, poll, rank one, reply, retirement benefits, special committee