No one from CPI-M has spoken to me: SomnathMay 15th, 2009 - 7:55 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 15 (IANS) Lok Sabha Speaker and expelled Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader Somnath Chatterjee Friday said that he had as yet not been approached by anyone from the party on the issue of his return to the CPI-M.
“No one, neither Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee (West Bengal chief minister) nor Subhash Chakraborty, has spoken to me on the issue. Nobody has requested me to join the CPI-M,” Chatterjee said.
“I don’t think I made any wrong decision by holding the chair of the Lok Sabha Speaker. Thus, there’s no question to seek apology from anyone.
“I am not looking forward to return to the party. And for that, I will not appeal for anything,” he said, adding, “I don’t know what they (CPI-M) will do, but I am not going to ask for anything.”
Chatterjee was expelled from the CPI-M last year after he refused to heed the party diktat and step down as speaker ahead of the trust vote in parliament over the Indo-US nuclear deal. The Left parties had withdrawn support to the Manmohan Singh government over the nuclear deal, reducing it to a minority. The Manmohan Singh government won the July 22 trust vote.
- OK if Somnath campaigns for CPI-M, says Yechury - Apr 15, 2011
- No decision on Somnath Chatterjee: Buddhadeb - Apr 24, 2011
- Anybody supporting us is welcome to campaign: Karat (Lead) - Apr 21, 2011
- Karat denies CPI-M asked Somnath to campaign - Apr 21, 2011
- Nobody calls me, and I don't call anybody: Somnath (With Somnath Chatterjee interview) - Apr 11, 2011
- Somnath gets campaign call from CPI-M minister - Apr 14, 2011
- Basu's birth anniversary celebrated across Bengal - Jul 08, 2011
- Vote for Left Front, appeals Somnath - Apr 20, 2011
- Somnath Chatterjee campaigns for CPI-M, attacks PM - Apr 24, 2011
- Somnath Chatterjee hospitalised with chest infection - Jan 24, 2010
- Bengal industry minister meets Somnath Chatterjee - Jun 21, 2011
- West Bengal CPI-M unit lashes out against Somnath over autobiography - Jul 26, 2010
- Trinamool will create anarchy in Bengal: Somnath Chatterjee - Apr 24, 2011
- Somnath Chatterjee shares dais with Buddhadeb, Biman - Oct 07, 2010
- Political violence big worry for Bengal: Somnath Chatterjee (Interview) - Apr 11, 2011
Tags: apology, chakraborty, chief minister, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, diktat, indo, left parties, Lok Sabha, manmohan, manmohan singh, nuclear deal, parliament, somnath chatterjee, subhash, trust vote, west bengal, wrong decision