No new taxes, medical college: BJP promises for civic pollsApril 8th, 2012 - 7:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 8 (IANS) The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has promised no new taxes and better governance in the trifurcated Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) which goes to the polls April 15.
“The people of Delhi should again make the BJP victorious in the forthcoming elections so that the promise for all-round development of Delhi included in the manifesto may be fulfilled. Spiralling corruption and price rise under the Congress regime needs to end,” BJP Delhi in-charge Venkaiah Naidu said while releasing its manifesto here Sunday.
This will be the first election to the trifurcated MCD - east, north and south Delhi. While the corporations of north and south Delhi will each have 104 wards, there will be 64 wards in east Delhi. Fifty percent of the seats have been reserved for women.
Party leaders Vijendra Gupta and Vijay Kumar Malhotra were also present at the manifesto release. The release came a day after the Congress released its manifesto.
“We have planned to manufacture tiles and organic manure from the garbage and earn money. Delhi will be made a sanitation free land,” said Gupta.
“In the year 2012 itself, BJP will open a new medical college under the MCD and pave the way for producing thousands of doctors. A complete drainage master plan will be framed for making the drainage system of Delhi pollution free,” Gupta added.
- MCD elections: BJP, Congress promise development - Apr 08, 2012
- Citizen's charter among Congress promises for MCD polls - Apr 07, 2012
- BJP wins Delhi civic polls, but road ahead not so smooth - Apr 17, 2012
- Delhi votes for three new civic bodies Sunday - Apr 14, 2012
- Delhi votes to pick trifurcated civic body (Fourth Lead) - Apr 15, 2012
- Delhi votes BJP back to power in civic polls (Roundup) - Apr 17, 2012
- Delhi civic polls: BJP heads for big lead (Second Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Congress releases candidates list for MCD polls - Mar 25, 2012
- Delhi civic polls: BJP wooing rebels to gain power in south - Apr 18, 2012
- New Mayor for east Delhi civic agency - May 01, 2012
- MCD polls: BJP candidates rush to file papers, anger among workers - Mar 26, 2012
- MCD elections: Congress to come up with three manifestos - Mar 19, 2012
- Average voting in initial hours of Delhi civic polls (Second Lead) - Apr 15, 2012
- Civic elections: Delhi poll panel hopes for high turnout - Apr 09, 2012
- Civic polls: Did trifurcation move boomerang? - Apr 17, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,