No more government jobs for Hillary Clinton (Lead)March 17th, 2011 - 12:11 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, March 17 (IANS) Hillary Clinton has made it clear that she doesn’t want to be president, vice president, defence secretary or remain secretary of state if President Barack Obama is re-elected.
She has absolutely no interest in any other government job after she leaves the State Department, Clinton said in an interview with CNN in Cairo Wednesday.
“There isn’t anything that I can imagine doing after this that would be as demanding, as challenging or rewarding,” she said, echoing comments made in several interviews in recent months.
“If the president is re-elected, do you want to serve a second term as secretary of state?” the interviewer asked. “No,” said Obama’s 2008 primary rival for Democratic presidential nomination.
He continued. “Would you like to serve as secretary of defence?”
“Would you like to be vice president of the United States” he prodded.
“No,” she answered, again.
Finally, the interviewer asked: “Would you like to be president of the United States?”
“No,” she said.
She doesn’t have interest in any of those jobs “because I have the best job I could ever have”, she said.
“This is a moment in history where it is almost hard to catch your breath,” Clinton said. She “had a wonderful experience running and I am very proud of the support I had and very grateful for the opportunity, but I’m going to be, you know, moving on”.
Asked if she was open to running for president in 2016 as “a lot of folks would like to you to do that”, Clinton again shrugged off the suggestion.
“Well that’s very kind, but I am doing what I want to do right now and I have no intention or any idea even of running again,” she said. “I’m going to do the best I can at this job for the next two years.”
(Arun Kumar can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Clinton won't stay on even if Obama gets second term - Mar 17, 2011
- Clinton not to be Secretary of State under re-elected Obama - Mar 17, 2011
- Jindal, Hillary discount White House runs - Nov 22, 2010
- Not running for president, Hilary Clinton reiterates - Oct 17, 2011
- Clinton ready to step off `high wire' of politics (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Hillary Clinton 'tuned' for 2016 Presidency? - Oct 07, 2010
- Biden pours cold water on Hillary's 2012 veep bid rumours - Oct 14, 2010
- US will go after Al Qaeda leadership anywhere: Clinton - May 20, 2011
- Hillary Clinton vows not to run for Presidency again on Today Show - Oct 13, 2009
- Obama's India visit will have tangible results: US - Oct 20, 2010
- This is my last government job: Hillary Clinton - Dec 04, 2010
- Hillary Clinton, White House deny 'Vice President-switch' speculations - Oct 07, 2010
- Nikki Haley says no to Veep - Aug 19, 2011
- Bill Clinton fires up the Democrats for Obama - Sep 06, 2012
- Hillary Clinton has no plans to head World Bank - Feb 16, 2012
Tags: arun kumar, barack obama, cairo, cnn, defence secretary, democratic presidential nomination, government job, government jobs, hillary clinton, intention, interviewer, march 17, president of the united states, president vice, second term, secretary of defence, secretary of state, state department, suggestion, vice president of the united states