No link between president poll, financial package: MamataJune 13th, 2012 - 6:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 13 (IANS) Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee Wednesday vehemently denied that her state’s demand for a financial package was linked to the party supporting a Congress presidential candidate.
“Whenever I come to Delhi there is rumour and gossip that I ask for a financial package in exchange for supporting a Congress presidential candidate. I never ask for it. We are asking for the moratorium for three years. Our demand for three year moratorium on debt repayment should not be linked to presidential polls,” Banerjee said.
She was talking to reporters just before meeting Congress president Sonia Gandhi at her 10, Janpath residence.
“This is nothing related to the president election,” Banerjee said.
“If prime minister wants to talk to me I will meet him,” she said, responding to queries that the Prime Minister’s Office had called her.
The presidential elections will be held on July 19. The last date for filing nominations for the post is June 30.
- Pranab Mukherjee is Congress's first choice for president (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Mamata to meet Sonia on presidential choice (Second Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Mitra meets Pranab, says discussions incomplete - Jun 11, 2012
- Presidential polls: Trinamool, Samajwadi Party keep suspense on (Roundup) - Jun 11, 2012
- Presidential poll: Mamata meets Sonia as Congress seeks UPA consensus (Lead) - May 03, 2012
- All options open for presidential polls, says Mamata (Second Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Mamata plays pivotal role in presidential talk (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Mamata to meet Sonia on presidential choice Wednesday (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- President polls: Congress hopes for Mamata's support - May 03, 2012
- Mamata plays pivot in presidential talk - Jun 13, 2012
- Mamata to meet Sonia on presidential polls Wednesday - Jun 12, 2012
- 'Chalo Delhi' if no moratorium on interest payment: Mamata - Jul 21, 2012
- All options open for presidential polls, says Mamata (Lead) - May 04, 2012
- Would desperate Mamata be able to save face in another battle? (West Bengal newsletter) - Jul 14, 2012
- Countdown begins, presidential poll on July 19 (Roundup) - Jun 12, 2012
Tags: congress president sonia gandhi, debt repayment, last date, mamata banerjee, moratorium, New Delhi, poll, president election, presidential candidate, presidential elections, presidential polls, prime minister, queries, rumour and gossip, trinamool congress chief