No differences over names of committee members: HazareApril 10th, 2011 - 6:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 10 (IANS) Anna Hazare Sunday denied any differences among the activists on who would be made member of the joint committee for drafting the anti-corruption Lokpal Bill.
“People have been saying there are differences among members of the committee, I want to say it was a small difference and it has been sorted. I talked to (yoga guru Baba) Ramdev, he raised that Kiran Bedi is not in the committee. Kiran Bedi had refused to be in the committee long back,” Hazare said at a press meet here, a day after breaking his five-day long fast for drafting a strong Lokpal Bill.
Ramdev had Saturday alleged nepotism in forming the panel, which has father-son Shanti Bhushan, a former law minister, and Prashant Bhushan, also a senior lawyer.
“We needed those people in the committee who were involved in the drafting of the Jan Lokpal Bill, we have to defend the clauses of the bill in front of the committee. So we have kept those who have knowledge of law and were involved in drafting of the bill,” Arvind Kejriwal, who is a member of the committee and was involved in drafting the Jan Lokpal Bill said at the Press Club.
Apart from the father-son duo, the committee has Anna Hazare, retired Supreme Court judge N. Santosh Hegde and activist Kejriwal representing the civil society.
- No nepotism in Lokpal panel, says Hazare as Ramdev retracts (Lead) - Apr 10, 2011
- Ramdev retracts, says also wanted Kiran Bedi on panel - Apr 10, 2011
- No nepotism, need experts in panel for Lokpal Bill: Hazare (Roundup) - Apr 10, 2011
- No nepotism in Lokpal Bill panel, says Hazare - Apr 10, 2011
- Drafting of Lokpal Bill requires legal expertise, says Shanti Bhushan - Apr 10, 2011
- 'Action against Ramdev reminder of emergency' - Jun 05, 2011
- Anna Hazare plans fast unto death for strong Lokpal bil - Apr 04, 2011
- The men and the woman behind Team Anna - Aug 28, 2011
- Graft shadow over Lokpal panel; Civil society backs Bhushans (Intro Roundup) - Apr 22, 2011
- Anna, team to boycott Lokpal Bill meeting; fast June 8 (Lead) - Jun 05, 2011
- CD row: Civil society members back Bhushans - Apr 21, 2011
- Lokpal panelists reject resignation demand; PM says bill in July (Roundup) - Apr 21, 2011
- Anna to boycott Lokpal panel meeting - Jun 05, 2011
- Lokpal Bill panel: Ramdev seems to have misunderstanding, says Hazare - Apr 10, 2011
- None of us are going to resign: Arvind Kejriwal (Lead) - Apr 21, 2011
Tags: activist, activists, anna hazare, arvind kejriwal, baba ramdev, clauses, committee members, corruption, joint committee, kiran bedi, law minister, lawyer, nepotism, New Delhi, santosh, shanti, supreme court judge, yoga guru