No conspiracy against Virbhadra, asserts DhumalSeptember 6th, 2010 - 6:50 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Sep 6 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal Monday said there is no political conspiracy against union Steel Minister Virbhadra Singh, against whom police slapped cases for corruption last year.
“There is neither any political conspiracy nor any vendetta against Virbhadra Singh,” Dhumal said in a statement, a day after his political rival alleged that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government in the state has registered false corruption cases against him.
“The law is taking its own course and no one can be above law. Virbhadra Singh should know it,” he said.
The Himachal Pradesh High Court Sep 3 turned down Virbhadra Singh’s petition to transfer his case to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and to quash the police complaint against him and his wife filed last year.
Virbhadra Singh and his wife Pratibha Singh were booked by police Aug 3 last year under the Prevention of Corruption Act for alleged misuse of his official position and criminal misconduct when he was the chief minister in 1989.
According to police, the former chief minister and his wife were booked on the basis of an audio CD released by Virbhadra Singh’s political adversary Vijai Singh Mankotia in 2007.
In the CD, Virbhadra Singh was heard allegedly referring to some monetary transactions in his phone conversation with Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer Mahinder Lal, who is now dead, police said.
It also allegedly contained the voices of his wife and some industrialists.
Dhumal said even the report of the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (Chandigarh) clearly indicated that the voice in the CD was of Virbhadra Singh.
- Nothing to do with Virbhadra episode, says BJP - Jun 26, 2012
- Virbhadra voice CD in a graft case played in court - May 31, 2012
- Virbhadra graft case: Court reserves order - Jan 05, 2012
- Graft case: Virbhadra gets audio tape's copy - May 22, 2012
- Graft case: Virbhadra exempted from personal appearance - Dec 16, 2010
- Virbhadra to appear before court in graft case - Nov 26, 2010
- Virbhadra calls graft case 'concocted' - Jun 25, 2012
- Corruption case: Virbhadra Singh again moves high court - Sep 14, 2010
- Team Anna demands Virbhadra's resignation - Jun 25, 2012
- Himachal High Court turns down Virbhadra's plea - Sep 03, 2010
- Virbhadra graft case: Order on charge June 25 - Jun 06, 2012
- Virbhadra CD case: Witness moves court against prosecution - Apr 04, 2011
- Court declines CBI probe in Virbhadra graft case - Oct 01, 2010
- Virbhadra faces graft charge; says will resign if asked to (Roundup) - Jun 26, 2012
- Graft charges framed against union minister Virbhadra Singh (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
Tags: bharatiya janata party, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, corruption cases, criminal misconduct, forensic science laboratory, indian administrative service, industrialists, lal, monetary transactions, phone conversation, police complaint, political conspiracy, political rival, pratibha, prevention of corruption act, shimla, union steel, virbhadra singh