No conspiracy against Mayawati: BJPJuly 6th, 2012 - 3:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 6 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Friday rubbished the Bahujan Samaj Party’s (BSP) allegation that there was a conspiracy against former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati, who was given a reprieve by the Supreme Court in a corruption case.
“Allegations by the BSP are not true. In 2003, the NDA (National Democratic Alliance) government was there only for a few months. Since then the UPA has been in power for eight years, which Mayawati has been supporting,” BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.
He was responding to the BSP’s allegation that the framing of charges against Mayawati in a case of disproportionate assets was a conspiracy of the BJP-led NDA government in 2003.
The apex court Friday quashed the CBI probe against the BSP chief in the case.
Quashing the first information report (FIR), the apex court bench headed by Justice P. Sathasivam described the filing of another FIR against Mayawati as illegal and without jurisdiction.
- Court scraps probe against Mayawati, BSP chief elated (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Court scraps probe against Mayawati, BSP chief elated (Roundup) - Jul 06, 2012
- SC quashes CBI probe against Mayawati in graft case (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Boost for Mayawati as SC slams CBI on graft case - Jul 06, 2012
- CBI committed errors in case against Mayawati: SP - Jul 06, 2012
- Justice after nine years, says Mayawati - Jul 06, 2012
- Plea in SC seeks review of quashing of case against Mayawati - Aug 04, 2012
- SC reserves order in Mayawati's assets case (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Justice has been done, says Mayawati (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- SC quashes CBI probe against Mayawati in graft case - Jul 06, 2012
- Cabinet nod for job promotion quotas; BJP, SP, BSP spar (Second Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Day after joining BJP, Kushwaha's premises raided (Second Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- SC reserves order in Mayawati's assets case - May 01, 2012
- CBI raids on Kushwaha motivated: BJP - Jan 04, 2012
- Embarrassed over Kushwaha, BJP targets Congress, BSP (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
Tags: allegation, alliance government, apex, apex court, bahujan samaj party, bharatiya janata party, bjp, bsp, cbi probe, chief minister, corruption case, court bench, fir, information report, naqvi, national democratic alliance, reprieve, samaj, UPA, uttar pradesh chief minister mayawati