No alternative to political solution in Syria: RussiaSeptember 21st, 2012 - 7:34 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Sep 21 (IANS) Russia sees no alternative to a political solution towards ending the crisis in Syria, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov has said.
During a meeting with Syrian ambassador to Moscow Riyad Haddad, Bogdanov reaffirmed Moscow’s stance on Syria, and called for a political settlement with “absolute respect for Syria’s sovereignty”, Xinhua quoted a foreign ministry statement as saying.
The statement said “outside players should not interfere with Syria’s domestic affairs and disrupt the political process in the country”.
Haddad confirmed Damascus’s willingness to move in the same direction, and thanked Moscow for the delivery of another batch of humanitarian aid to Syria.
Russia Thursday sent a plane loaded with 38 tonnes of sugar, canned fish and meat, and baby food to Syria. It has also delivered 80 tonnes of humanitarian aid to Damascus in the past few months, the ministry said.
- Syrian president threatening Israel is media provocation: Russia - Oct 06, 2011
- Assad's wife not in Russia: Syrian envoy - Jul 19, 2012
- Russia to attend meeting on Syria in Iran - Aug 09, 2012
- Russian aid planes reach Syria - Mar 12, 2012
- Russia retains stance on Syria after presidential poll - Mar 07, 2012
- China sends special envoy to Syria - Mar 07, 2012
- UN Syria envoy Kofi Annan to visit Russia - Mar 22, 2012
- Russia denies sending chemical weapons to Syria - Aug 21, 2012
- Russia ready to back Annan proposals on Syria in UNSC - Mar 21, 2012
- Russia urges West to tone down anti-Syria stance - Mar 16, 2012
Tags: absolute respect, baby food, bogdanov, canned fish, damascus, domestic affairs, foreign minister, foreign ministry, haddad, humanitarian aid, ministry statement, political settlement, political solution, riyad, russia moscow, russian deputy, sovereignty, syrian ambassador, tonnes, xinhua