Nitish Kumar meets Bhutanese PM in Bodh GayaSeptember 26th, 2010 - 4:49 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Sep 26 (IANS) Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Sunday met Bhutanese Prime Minister Lyonpo Jigmi Y. Thinley in Bodh Gaya to discuss the development of a Buddhist circuit in the state.
The Bhutanese prime minister was elected president of the Mahabodhi Society of India (MSI) for three years at its annual general meeting in Bodh Gaya Saturday.
“Ignoring increasing pressures of ongoing programmes for the upcoming Bihar assembly elections, Nitish Kumar visited Bodh Gaya to meet Bhutanese prime minister,” an official source in the chief minister’s office told IANS on the phone.
Thinley, who arrived in Bodh Gaya Friday on a four-day visit, was one of the 150 delegates attending the MSI general meeting. He was a special invitee, MSI deputy general secretary Venerable P. Siwalee Theo said.
Before the MSI meeting, the Bhutanese prime minister Saturday morning visited the world heritage Mahabodhi temple, Buddhism’s holiest shrine.
- Bhutanese PM attends annual Mahabodhi Society meet - Sep 25, 2010
- Bihar CM meets Bhutanese PM in Bodh Gaya - Sep 27, 2010
- Bhutan PM to carry home Buddha's relics - Oct 01, 2011
- Bhutan to help promote tourism in Bihar - May 06, 2011
- Rename Gaya airport after Buddha: Nitish - Jun 11, 2011
- Bhutan PM attends Buddhist society meet in Bodhgaya - Sep 26, 2010
- Gere in Bodh Gaya to attend Dalai Lama's discourse - Jan 02, 2012
- Bhutanese Prime Minister to participate in Mahabodhi Society meeting - Sep 25, 2010
- Monks upset over Dalai Lama not raising temple issue - May 28, 2010
- Bhutan Prime Minister's visit to India - Oct 30, 2010
- Bhutan PM meets S M Krishna in New Delhi - Nov 01, 2010
- India to contribute Rs.15 crores for education development in Bhutan - Feb 07, 2011
- Myanmar ruler arrives in India - Jul 25, 2010
- Richard Gere campaigns to turn Bodh Gaya into vegetarian zone - Jan 07, 2010
- After king, Bhutan PM comes to India Saturday - Oct 29, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,