Nitish Kumar invited to form government, swearing-in Friday (Second Lead)November 25th, 2010 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Nov 25 (IANS) After sweeping the Bihar polls, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was Thursday formally invited to form the government again. He will be sworn-in Friday.
Soon after Nitish Kumar was unanimously elected leader of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) legislature party - comprising legislators of his Janata Dal-United (JD-U) and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), he, along with other NDA leaders, met Governor Debananda Konwar and handed over letters of support from the newly-elected legislators of the twin-party alliance.
The governor invited Nitish Kumar to form the government and the time for swearing-in was fixed.
Top BJP leaders include party president Nitin Gadkari, L.K. Advani, Rajnath Singh, and Sushma Swaraj would be among the distinguished guests present at the swearing-in ceremony at the Gandhi Maidan here 2.30 p.m. Friday.
According to sources close to Nitish Kumar, a 35-member ministry with 20 from the JD-U and 15 from the BJP would also be sworn in Friday.
Earlier, Nitish Kumar was elected leader of the JD-U legislature party and Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Modi was elected leader of the BJP legislature party, before the legislators met to elect their leader.
“Nitish Kumar was elected at a meeting of the newly elected party legislators of JD-U and BJP in the presence of JD-U president Sharad Yadav and senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley,” a JD-U leader said.
The NDA combine swept the Bihar assembly polls with the JD-U winning 115 seats and the BJP 91 seats in the 243-member house.
- Nitish set to take oath, thousands pour in - Nov 26, 2010
- Nitish Kumar elected head of NDA legislature party (Lead) - Nov 25, 2010
- Nitish Kumar takes oath as Bihar chief minister - Nov 26, 2010
- Kumar, Modi to be sworn-in as Bihar CM, Deputy CM on Friday - Nov 25, 2010
- Nitish, Modi sworn in as Bihar's CM, Deputy CM - Nov 26, 2010
- Nitish Kumar sworn in - Nov 26, 2010
- War rages in Bihar between BJP, JD-U (Bihar Newsletter) - Jun 23, 2012
- BJP leader walks over to JD-U in Bihar - Jul 03, 2012
- BJP observers to elect Legislature Party leader in Bihar - Nov 25, 2010
- Nitish Kumar congratulates Pranab, invites him to Bihar - Jul 22, 2012
- Hard nosed bargaining ahead for ministerial posts in Bihar - Nov 25, 2010
- BJP will not encourage desertions from JD-U in Bihar: Modi - Jul 10, 2012
- RJD seeks CBI probe in Bihar land scam - Jul 23, 2011
- JD-U, Trinamool yet to reach accord in UP - Jan 27, 2012
- Gakari asks party functionaries, allies to exercise restraint - Jun 26, 2012
Tags: arun jaitley, assembly polls, bharatiya janata party, bihar polls, bjp leader, bjp leaders, deputy chief minister, jd, l k advani, maidan, member ministry, national democratic alliance, nitin, party alliance, party president, rajnath singh, sharad yadav, sushil, sushma swaraj, swearing in ceremony