Nitish, Bihar ministers declare assetsJanuary 3rd, 2012 - 12:11 am ICT by IANS
Patna, Jan 2 (IANS) Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his cabinet colleagues Monday made public details of their assets. Human Resources Development Minister Prashant Kumar Shahi is the richest of them all with assets worth Rs.4.5 crore.
Nitish Kumar declared a house in Sansad Vihar in New Delhi valued at Rs.40 lakh, and moveable assets worth Rs.6.15 lakh, including cash and bank deposits, a 2003 model car, an old TV set, an old air conditioner, a refrigerator, a cooler and cows.
This was the second occasion when details of the assets of 29 Bihar ministers were uploaded on the government website as a step towards ending corruption. They had first declared their assets last year.
The list of chief minister’s assets also included a computer and a treadmill. He also has taken a loan from bank.
He also disclosed his only son Nishant’s assets, including agricultural land at his ancestral Kalyanbigha village.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi and other ministers also declared their assets.
The richest member in Bihar ministry is Shahi, a lawyer-turned-minister, who declared moveable and immoveable assets worth around Rs.4.5 crore.
- Akhilesh leads by example, declares assets - Mar 28, 2012
- Bihar's anti-corruption drive: Declare assets or go without salary, says Nitish - Jan 27, 2011
- PM's assets around Rs.10.73 crore - Sep 09, 2012
- 10 crorepatis in Mamata's ministry - May 27, 2011
- Owning resorts to companies, Kamal Nath richest minister - Sep 03, 2011
- Bihar to confiscate BJP lawmaker's assets - Feb 04, 2012
- Not bought assets after becoming chief minister: Jayalalithaa - Sep 05, 2011
- Karunanidhi, wives declare Rs.43 crore assets; Jayalalithaa's are Rs.64 crore - Mar 24, 2011
- BJP issues show cause notice to legislator in Bihar - Feb 05, 2012
- Rabri Devi's assets - 62 cows and 42 calves - Oct 10, 2010
- TDP's Ramesh to join Andhra rich MPs list - Mar 20, 2012
- Indian ministers grow richer with average assets of Rs.10 crore - Sep 15, 2011
- Stalin files nomination, owns assets worth over Rs.1 crore - Mar 21, 2011
- No asset details, 70,000 Bihar officials could lose salary - Mar 02, 2011
- After cabinet, teachers to declare assets in Bihar - Jan 04, 2011
Tags: agricultural land, air conditioner, assets, bank deposits, cabinet colleagues, cows, deputy chief minister, development minister, government website, human resources development, lakh, model car, New Delhi, old tv, prashant kumar, public details, refrigerator, rs 40, sushil kumar, treadmill