Nitish at NDA rally: I am here to show loyalty and unityMay 10th, 2009 - 5:28 pm ICT by IANS
Ludhiana, May 10 (IANS) Bihar Chief Minister and Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader Nitish Kumar, who is being wooed by all political fronts, was the cynosure of all eyes at the BJP-led NDA’s show of strength here.
However, Nitish Kumar, who had earlier stated he would not share the stage with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, did exactly the opposite at the rally Sunday, exchanging a warm greeting with Modi and clasping his hand.
“I am here to show unity,” he said at the rally, adding that his attendance at the political event was just to show his “loyalty towards the NDA”.
“NDA is going to sweep these elections, not only in Bihar but throughout the country,” he asserted.
He also requested all Bihari migrant workers in Ludhiana, who form a sizeable vote bank, to vote for the Akali Dal and National Democratic Alliance.
Throughout the rally, Nitish Kumar and Modi sat in the front row along with top NDA leaders.
Nitish Kumar also alleged that the central government had not done justice to the state when it was hit by devastating floods caused by the Kosi river last year.
- NDA showcases unity at Ludhiana rally (Lead/Rroundup) - May 10, 2009
- Stage set for Nitish, Modi to share dais again - Jun 08, 2010
- Nitish attacks Modi as Shiv Sena backs Pranab (Roundup) - Jun 19, 2012
- Allies, chief ministers line up for NDA rally - May 10, 2009
- Bihar Day: Shiv Sena non-confrontationist, MNS belligerent - Apr 13, 2012
- All eyes on Nitish Kumar at NDA's Sunday rally in Ludhiana - May 09, 2009
- NDA to hold show of strength in Punjab Sunday - May 05, 2009
- Bihar's ruling JD-U is against Modi for PM's post - Sep 18, 2011
- Nitish Kumar shares stage with Modi at NDA rally (Lead) - May 10, 2009
- Punjab politics takes a backseat in NDA show of strength - May 10, 2009
- Nitish, Modi don't vote - Jul 19, 2012
- 'Congress will benefit as people will punish JD-U, BJP' - Jun 21, 2010
- Angry BJP flays Nitish, says money not Gujarat CM's (Second Lead) - Jun 20, 2010
- Bihar leaders in war of words over PM candidate - Jun 19, 2012
- RJD hits out at Nitish for Modi handshake - May 05, 2012
Tags: bjp, central government, chief minister, cynosure, floods, front row, gujarat, janata, jd, kosi river, loyalty, ludhiana, migrant workers, narendra modi, national democratic alliance, nitish kumar, rally, show of strength, vote bank, warm greeting