Nine ministers retain portfoliosMay 28th, 2009 - 11:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 28 (IANS) As many as nine ministers, including seven Cabinet rank and two ministers of state with independent charge, whom Prime Minister Manmohan Singh distributed portfolios Thursday evening have retained the ministries they had in the previous government.
Senior Maharashtra leader Sushil Kumar Shinde retains the power ministry, S. Jaipal Reddy will continue to occupy the office of urban development minister. Similarly, Vayalar Ravi will continue to be minister for overseas Indian affairs.
Prithviraj Chavan retains his independent charge as minister of state in the Prime Minister’s Office and so does MoS (Independent charge) for civil aviation Praful Patel.
Jharkhand’s Subodh Kant Sahay, who was a minister of state for food processing industries, has been elevated as cabinet minister in the same ministry.
Congress’s United Progressive Alliance (UPA) partner DMK’s A. Raja retains communications and information technology and Murli Deora similarly gets the petroleum and natural gas portfolio.
Former chief election commissioner M.S. Gill keeps youth affairs and sports.
- Keeping assembly polls in mind, Manmohan Singh reshuffles UPA II Cabinet - Jan 19, 2011
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's new team - Jul 12, 2011
- List of Manmohan Singh's 'reshuffled' council of ministers (Lead) - Jan 19, 2011
- Some gainers in Congress, a few lose spotlight in shuffle - Jan 20, 2011
- PM makes significant changes in key economic portfolios - Jan 19, 2011
- New council of ministers of the Manmohan Singh government - Jan 19, 2011
- The new council of ministers after Wednesday's reshuffle - Jan 19, 2011
- Manmohan allocates work to all ministers, wants benchmarks set (Second Lead) - May 29, 2009
- Congress takes charge of most economic ministries, DMK's Raja gets IT (Lead) - May 29, 2009
- Chavan's hands will be full - May 29, 2009
- Economic ministeries get some new faces in Manmohan Singh's council - May 29, 2009
- Manmohan shuffles ministers but pack of cards is old - Jan 19, 2011
- I'm not a replacement for my father: Milind Deora - Jul 13, 2011
- Manmohan shuffles ministry, focus on economy, governance (Lead) - Jan 19, 2011
- Portfolios of Manmohan Singh cabinet announced - May 28, 2009
Tags: cabinet rank, chavan, chief election commissioner, civil aviation, deora, development minister, food processing industries, gas portfolio, jaipal reddy, manmohan singh, ministers of state, power ministry, praful patel, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, progressive alliance, sahay, shinde, subodh, sushil kumar