Newly-elected legislators call on Jagan in jailJune 16th, 2012 - 6:16 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, June 16 (IANS) The newly-elected legislators of YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) Saturday called on party chief Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy in the Chanchalguda Central Jail here.
The legislators, who reached Hyderabad from various districts, drove to the jail and met Jagan, who is in judicial custody in an illegal assets case.
The legislators including B. Sreenivas Reddy, Gurunath Reddy, Shucharita, Chenna Keshava Reddy, Amarnath Reddy and others called on Jagan, who was arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) May 27. They spent about half an-hour with him.
Jagan thanked the newly-elected legislators and asked them to remain in the forefront to solve people’s problems and be accessible to people.
Later talking to reporters, the legislators said the stupendous performance of the party in the by-elections reflected the people’s aspiration to see YSR’s rule.
“Our goal is to fulfill this dream of people,” said Amarnath Reddy. He was confident that Jagan would bring back the golden rule of his late father YSR, as Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy was popularly known.
YSRCP bagged Nellore Lok Sabha and 15 out of 18 assembly seats in the by-elections, the results of which were announced Friday.
Meanwhile, Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy, who was re-elected from Nellore with a majority of over 291,000 votes, visited the ’samadhi’ of YSR at Pulivendula in Kadapa district and paid tributes to the late leader.
Rajamohan Reddy said the people want to see Jagan as the chief minister. He predicted that many legislators from Congress and TDP would join YSRCP in the coming days.
- YSR Congress Party wins Nellore Lok Sabha, 14 assembly seats (Third Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- YSR Congress Party bags 8 assembly seats, leading in 7 (Second Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- YSR Congress headed for clean sweep in Andhra by-elections (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Campaigning ends for Andhra by-elections - Jun 10, 2012
- Stage set for Tuesday's by-polls in Andhra Pradesh - Jun 11, 2012
- YSR Congress sweeps Andhra by-polls, bags Lok Sabha, 15 assembly seats (Roundup) - Jun 15, 2012
- YSRCP sweeps Andhra by-polls, bags one Lok Sabha, 15 assembly seats (Fourth Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- It's people's victory, says Jagan's mother - Jun 15, 2012
- Mother, wife call on Jagan in jail - May 29, 2012
- Andhra speaker disqualifies 16 Jagan loyalists (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Andhra parties welcome by-poll schedule - Apr 24, 2012
- YSR Congress leads the Andhra by-elections - Jun 15, 2012
- MP loyal to Jagan quits, another to follow suit - Aug 24, 2011
- Jagan arrest: Andhra shutdown call evokes poor response (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Congress faces setback in Andhra, Trinamool wins UP bypoll (Roundup) - Jun 15, 2012
Tags: aspiration, assembly seats, cbi, central bureau of investigation, central jail, chenna, chief minister, congress party, golden rule, half an hour, hyderabad, jagan, judicial custody, late leader, legislators, Lok Sabha, nellore, party chief, samadhi, tdp