New York’s Governor Elect Andrew Cuomo Opposes 911 TrialsNovember 11th, 2010 - 11:55 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Nov 11 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Governor-Elect of New York, Andrew Cuomo has made a statement which, according to the Associated Press shows that he is very much against the professed mastermind of the attacks on the World Trade Center, and the Pentagon on September 11, 2001 being tried in in New York.
Cuomo made statements to the effect in a radio interview which he gave on Thursday, which was one day after the Attorney General, Eric Holder stated that the Obama Administration was very close to choosing a place for the trial to commence.
But the plans to have the trial of Khalid Sheik Mohammed in New York was met with great opposition. While a military tribunal is one option that remains on the table, it is possible that he will stand trial in a civilian court.
- US prosecutors file fresh charges against 9/11 suspects - Jun 01, 2011
- Holder blames Congress for forcing 9/11 mastermind, accomplices' trial at Guantanamo Bay - Apr 05, 2011
- The Sept 11th trial is shrouded in uncertainty - Feb 14, 2010
- Obama admits deadline for closing Guantanamo will be missed - Nov 19, 2009
- 9/11 Pakistani mastermind, 4 others sent for trial - Apr 05, 2012
- Possibility of catching Osama bin Laden alive simply does not exist: US Attorney General - Mar 17, 2010
- 9/11 suspects to be arraigned May 5: Pentagon - Apr 10, 2012
- 9/11 attack mastermind on trial in Guantanamo - May 06, 2012
- Mayor Michael Bloomberg Wants 9/11 Terror Trials Shift - Jan 29, 2010
- Obama will have to sign 9/11 suspect Sheikh's death warrant if military court says so - Apr 06, 2011
- Sept. 11 Trial Shrouded In Uncertainty, Still - Feb 14, 2010
- US charges five 9/11 terror suspects - Apr 05, 2012
- 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed faces New York trial (Second Lead) - Nov 14, 2009
- New York asks Washington to pay for 9-11 terror trial - Jan 08, 2010
- Al Qaeda's 9/11 mastermind killed Daniel Pearl: Report - Jan 20, 2011
Tags: 911, andrew cuomo, attorney general, eric holder, governor elect, khalid sheik mohammed, mastermind, military tribunal, opposition, pentagon, radio interview, september 11 2001, world trade center