New Punjab minister sworn inJanuary 16th, 2011 - 6:29 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Jan 16 (IANS) Balbir Singh Bath was Sunday sworn in as a cabinet minister in the Punjab government headed by Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal.Bath was sworn in at the Punjab Raj Bhawan by Governor Shivraj Patil.
Badal, Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, assembly Speaker Nirmal Singh Kahlon, ministers and legislators attended the ceremony.
The vacancy in the cabinet had arisen after Badal’s nephew and finance minister Manpreet Singh Badal resigned after differences with the Akali Dal leadership over policy issues. He was later expelled from the party.
An agriculturist by profession, Bath has been a three-time legislator in the state. He presently represents the Sri Hargobindpur seat in the assembly.
- Badal stakes claim, invited to form government (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Parkash Singh Badal pitted against brother for Lambi seat - Dec 31, 2011
- 'Parkash Singh Badal to be chief minister' - Mar 08, 2012
- From minister to loner? Aides desert Manpreet Badal (Punjab Newsletter) - Dec 24, 2011
- Punjab gets 21 new chief parliamentary secretaries - Apr 10, 2012
- Punjab: Prominent winners and losers - Mar 06, 2012
- Parkash Singh Badal set to again be Punjab chief minister (Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- Manpreet Badal ploughs a lonely furrow (Punjab Newsletter) - Aug 24, 2012
- A long relationship ends in Punjab's first family (Letter From Chandigarh) - Oct 23, 2010
- Record 21 chief parliamentary secretaries in Punjab - Apr 06, 2012
- It's SAD! Seven Punjab ministers, speaker trounced - Mar 07, 2012
- Relatives find enough place in Badal cabinet - Mar 13, 2012
- Badal takes over as Punjab CM for fifth time (Second Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Akali Dal to meet to elect leader - Mar 08, 2012
- All set for Punjab vote count - Mar 05, 2012
Tags: agriculturist, assembly speaker, balbir singh, cabinet minister, chandigarh, deputy chief minister, finance minister, kahlon, leadership, legislators, manpreet singh, nephew, nirmal singh, profession, punjab government, punjab minister, punjab raj bhawan, sukhbir singh badal, time legislator, vacancy