Nepal president to visit alma mater in ChandigarhJanuary 17th, 2011 - 1:19 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Jan 17 (IANS) Nepal President Ram Baran Yadav will be chief guest at the annual convocation at his alma mater Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) in February.Yadav, 62, did his postgraduation in internal medicine in 1985 from the leading medical institute. He will attend the 31st convocation of PGIMER in the first week of February.
“We have received confirmation from Nepal’s president. He is participating in this important event as a chief guest,” a PGIMER official said.
Yadav, who was sworn in as the first president of Nepal in July 2008, had done his MBBS from the Calcutta Medical College.
He joined student politics as a teenager. Yadav won his first parliamentary election from prime minister Girija Prasad Koirala’s Nepali Congress party in 1991 and became the minister of state for health (1991-94). In 1999, he won the election again and was made health minister.
He also served as general secretary of the Nepali Congress party.
Yadav’s elder son Chandra Mohan Yadav had also done his post-graduation in Radio diagnosis from PGIMER and is currently practicing as radiologist in Kathmandu in Nepal.
- Nepal president arrives in Chandigarh - Feb 04, 2011
- Nepal president to attend Chandigarh institute convocation - Feb 03, 2011
- Nepal's president gets nostalgic during visit to alma mater - Feb 04, 2011
- Nepal's strong Chandigarh connections - Aug 30, 2011
- Chandigarh institute awards degrees to 330 students - Feb 04, 2011
- Nepal President to meet PM next week - Jan 27, 2011
- Kolkata college readies red carpet for old boy - Nepal's president - Jan 25, 2011
- Police deny woman died due to security rehearsal - Feb 05, 2011
- Nepal President arrives on a ten-day state visit to India - Jan 27, 2011
- Recorded message first, Nepal PM to follow - Oct 07, 2011
- Nepal President recounts association with Kolkata - Jan 28, 2011
- Staff strike hits Chandigarh medical institute - Feb 03, 2011
- Nepal President to arrive in India - Jan 27, 2011
- Nepal has drawn inspiration from India: Ram Baran Yadav (Lead) - Jan 28, 2011
- Nepal President meets SM Krishna - Feb 02, 2011
Tags: alma mater, chandigarh, chandra mohan, chief guest, girija prasad koirala, health minister, important event, mbbs, medical institute, nepali congress party, parliamentary election, pgimer, post graduation, postgraduate institute, postgraduation, president of nepal, prime minister girija prasad koirala, radiologist, student politics, yadav