Need more time for probe: Pranab MukherjeeOctober 31st, 2010 - 11:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 31 (IANS) Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Sunday said he and Defence Minister A.K. Antony needed more time to look into the Mumbai housing society controversy, as directed by Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.
“I met my colleague Antony and it is not possible for the two of us to take any decision right now…we need more time…we are examining the documents,” Mukherjee told reporters here after a meeting with Antony.
Gandhi Saturday constituted a two-member team comprising Mukherjee and Antony to probe the allotment of Adarsh Cooperative Housing Society flats, originally meant for families of soldiers killed in the 1999 Kargil conflict with Pakistan, to politicians, bureaucrats and military officials.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan has offered to resign following revelations that his mother-in-law, who died earlier this year, as well as two of his other relatives owned flats in the society.
The opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has demanded Chavan’s immediate resignation and a probe by a Supreme Court judge into the scam.
- Chavan heads back to Mumbai - Nov 01, 2010
- Am yet to discuss Adarsh matter with Antony: Pranab - Oct 31, 2010
- Gandhi asks Pranab, Antony to probe housing scam - Oct 30, 2010
- Adarsh society scam: Sonia Gandhi accepts Ashok Chavan's resignation - Nov 09, 2010
- BJP demands immediate resignation of Maharashtra CM Ashok Chavan - Oct 30, 2010
- Mukherjee, Antony to probe Adarsh society scam, Chavan to continue as CM - Oct 30, 2010
- Pranab, Antony yet to discuss Adarsh Cooperative Housing Society scam - Oct 31, 2010
- Ashok Chavan to be given honourable exit from Maharashtra CM's post - Oct 30, 2010
- I still enjoy the confidence of Sonia Gandhi: Chavan - Nov 09, 2010
- Chavan back home, Pranab says panel needs time (Lead) - Nov 01, 2010
- Chavan offers to quit over housing scam (Roundup) - Oct 30, 2010
- I am innocent, says Ashok Chavan (Lead) - Nov 09, 2010
- Congress asks Chavan to quit as Maharashtra chief minister (Second Lead) - Nov 09, 2010
- Chavan offers to quit on housing scam, Sonia orders probe (Second Lead) - Oct 30, 2010
- Congress axes Chavan, Kalmadi before winter session (Afternoon Lead) - Nov 09, 2010
Tags: allotment, antony, ashok, bjp, bureaucrats, chavan, chief minister, congress chief, cooperative housing, defence minister, housing society, kargil conflict, member team, military officials, mother in law, oct 31, pranab mukherjee, sonia gandhi, supreme court judge, union finance minister