Need a month to decide future: Uma BhartiDecember 12th, 2010 - 10:33 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Dec 12 (IANS) Former Madhya Pradesh chief minister Uma Bharti, whose return to the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has been indicated by party veteran L.K. Advani, said Sunday that she may need about a month to decide on her future.”Advani ji will always be my leader and (BJP chief) Nitin Gadkari is like my elder brother but it will take some time to get my political direction,” Bharti told reporters at her residence in Civil Lines here.
“As of now, I would like to work on the construction of Ram Temple (in Ayodhya) with consensus…the naxal issue, corruption and other issues,” she said.
She said that after makar sakranti Jan 15, 2011 she would decide her future course in politics.
The firebrand leader’s return to BJP was indicated in Advani’s recent blog. He said that there was a consensus between him and Gadkari to take Bharti back in party.
Bharti was suspended from the BJP in November 2004 and served a show-cause notice following her outburst against Advani in full glare of TV cameras. However, her suspension was revoked soon and in May 2005, she became a member of the party’s national executive.
Bharti, who played a major role in bringing the BJP in power in 2003, ending 10 years Congress rule in the state, had to resign from the chief minister’s post after a controversy involving the insult of the tricolor.
In 2006, she formed a party called the Bharatiya Jan Shakti Party (BJSP).
- Uma Bharti may rejoin BJP, indicates Advani - Dec 11, 2010
- Uma Bharti resigns from her own party post (Second Lead) - Mar 25, 2010
- When Uma Bharti danced to a Bollywood number - Feb 21, 2011
- Uma Bharti resigns from her own party (Lead) - Mar 25, 2010
- Once Uma approaches us, BJP will take stand: Gadkari - Apr 01, 2010
- We should not enter into politics with unhealthy mind, says Uma Bharti - Dec 26, 2010
- Uma warns Mulayam against hooliganism, minority appeasement - Apr 19, 2012
- BJP seeks PM's intervention to save temple - Jul 07, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh BJP abuzz over Uma Bharti's return - Jun 07, 2011
- Mayawati could be jailed for corruption: Uma Bharti - Nov 28, 2011
- Gowda to meet Advani, Gadkari in Delhi - Jul 07, 2012
- BJP vague on Jaswant, Uma Bharti's return - May 26, 2010
- Shettar is Karnataka's new chief minister (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Uma Bharti re-inducted into BJP (Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- Will decide on Sangma after consultations: Advani - Jun 15, 2012
Tags: ayodhya, bharatiya janata party, bjp, chief minister, consensus, elder brother, firebrand, glare, insult, l k advani, makar sakranti, national executive, nitin, outburst, political direction, ram temple, shakti, tv cameras, uma bharti, will take some time