Nearly half of US voters don’t want Obama in 2012November 23rd, 2010 - 6:03 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, Nov 23 (IANS) Nearly half of the voters in the US say President Barack Obama does not deserve a second term in 2012, revealed a poll result in the Washington Times Tuesday.
The nationwide telephone survey of 2,424 registered voters was conducted by Quinnipiac University, an independent polling institute.
According to the poll, 49 percent of those surveyed said a `no’ to Obama in 2012, while 43 percent said he should have a second term.
The poll also found Obama in close competition with potential Republican challengers Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee. However, he leads former Alaska governor Sarah Palin, another possible GOP candidate, 48 percent to 40 percent.
Peter A. Brown, assistant director of the polling institute, said staunch Democratic Party members still support Obama, “but his weakness among independent voters at this point makes his 2012 election prospects uncertain”.
The report said that roughly 64 percent of Democratic voters do not want anyone to challenge Obama for the party’s nomination in 2012.
The survey was conducted Nov 8-15, days after the Democratic Party suffered electoral setbacks in mid-term elections.
The Democrats lost the control of the Congress to the Republicans and the GOP also made gains in the US Senate.
- Obama bit behind Romney, but way ahead of Palin in 2012 prez run: Poll - Nov 23, 2010
- 5 in10 Americans think Obama does not deserve second term: Quinnipiac Poll - Mar 31, 2011
- Obama leads over four potential 2012 GOP contenders: Poll - Jan 21, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals: Poll - Mar 03, 2011
- Obama announces 2012 re-election bid - Apr 05, 2011
- Obama, Romney locked in close race: polls - Aug 25, 2012
- Romney GOP's only New Hampshire hope: Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Mike Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals, finds poll - Jan 13, 2011
- Obama most popular candidate for 2012 election: Survey - Mar 24, 2011
- Over half of Americans think Obama will lose 2012 presidential re-election bid - Feb 09, 2011
- Obama's approval ratings 'remain steady' despite several setbacks: Poll - Dec 17, 2010
- How good are Obama's chances to win a second term? - Apr 05, 2011
- Palin most unfavorable among Obama's potential 2012 Republican challengers: Poll - Jun 12, 2010
- New Hampshire voters prefer Romney over Obama: Poll - Apr 23, 2011
- Obama needs Palin on the same ticket to win Arizona in 2012 - Feb 03, 2011
Tags: alaska governor, barack obama, democratic voters, election prospects, gop candidate, governor sarah palin, independent voters, mike huckabee, mitt romney, party members, poll result, polling institute, quinnipiac university, registered voters, report said that, republican challengers, sarah palin, second term, us senate, washington times