NDA to wait for UPA’s announcement on presidential poll: AdvaniJune 15th, 2012 - 3:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 15 (IANS) The National Democratic Alliance (NDA) is closely watching the developments on the presidential elections and will wait for the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) to announce its candidate, senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader L.K. Advani said Friday.
Addressing the media after an NDA meeting, Advani said: “Let them (UPA) announce. We will closely watch every development.”
Advani said that the NDA meeting discussed all probable candidates and if needed, a second meeting would be held which will include chief ministers from NDA-ruled states.
“We will continue to watch the development and if a decision is to be taken by us and it can contribute to sound decision so far president is concerned… We will take it later… We will assemble later and may be we will like to consult our chief ministers and call them here in NDA meeting,” he said.
On the developments in UPA, Advani said: “Two leaders who played a very vital role till yesterday in New Delhi have gone back to their respective homes. Both of them are allies of ruling parties but we have decided to be in constant touch with all leaders of non-congress parties particularly in opposition.”
“We will try to impress upon the government that as a result of the confusion and lack of coherence and distrust within in the ruling hierarchy already our economy has suffered badly and because of the way in which presidential elections are being held even the polity can be damaged,” he said.
Advani said that if the government really wants to correct the situation it can consult all political parties on the presidential elections.
- NDA to wait and watch: Advani (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- NDA defers decision on presidential polls (Second Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- Jaswant Singh as NDA's vice presidential candidate (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Jaswant Singh is NDA's vice presidential candidate (Second Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- NDA names Jaswant as vice presidential candidate - Jul 16, 2012
- BJP rules out backing Mukherjee in presidential polls - Apr 30, 2012
- Pranab miles ahead as NDA squabbles (Roundup) - Jun 17, 2012
- Jaswant Singh is NDA choice for vice president (Roundup) - Jul 16, 2012
- NDA fails to decide on presidential poll (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- NDA to decide presidential nominee Sunday - Jun 16, 2012
- States should have been consulted on NCTC, says BJP - Feb 17, 2012
- Will decide on Sangma after consultations: Advani - Jun 15, 2012
- BJP for vice presidential contest, to seek NDA nod (Second Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- NDA reviews vice presidential poll strategy - Jul 24, 2012
- Left parties to meet June 21 to discuss presidential poll - Jun 16, 2012
Tags: allies, bharatiya janata party, chief ministers, coherence, confusion, constant touch, distrust, hierarchy, l k advani, national democratic alliance, New Delhi, opposition, party leader, political parties, polity, presidential elections, presidential poll, progressive alliance, ruling parties, UPA