NCP workers attack VHP office in NashikOctober 25th, 2008 - 9:55 pm ICT by IANS
Nashik, Oct 25 (IANS) Incensed by revelations about the involvement of Hindu elements in the Malegaon bomb blasts Sep 29, a group of Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) activists Saturday ransacked the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) office here and roughed up four people, the police said.Three members of Hindu Jagran Manch, including a woman monk, were arrested here Friday in connection with the blasts in Malegaon in Maharashtra and Modasa in Gujarat.
A police official said that around 4 p.m. at least 20 people barged into the VHP office located in Shrikripa Apartments near Circle Cinema here and attacked four people present there.
They ransacked the office and raised slogans hailing the NCP before going away.
The attack was led by former president of NCP’s Nashik youth wing Ranjan Thakre, who later told a media house that party workers would even target houses of the “terrorist organisation’s” leaders.
While an instant sit-in protest staged by the VHP outside its office was withdrawn following the arrest of Thakre and four others, some protesters stoned a bus while dispersing from the area.
Bharatiya Janata Party national vice president Gopinath Munde and state unit chief Nitin Gadkari denounced the NCP “hooligans”.
- VHP disrupts India, Pakistan joint I-Day celebrations - Aug 14, 2012
- NCP's revenge against BJP, retains Kej assembly seat - Jun 15, 2012
- Shutdown near-total in Mumbai, most of Maharashtra (Second lead) - May 31, 2012
- Gadkari supports Munde on tri-partite alliance - Feb 24, 2011
- Shiv Sena snubs Munde over remarks on MNS - Feb 07, 2011
- Konkan Congress strongman joins NCP - Jan 30, 2012
- Munde now plans to go on Maharashtra tour - Jun 23, 2011
- Shiv Sena MP meets Pawar to seek help for development - Jan 21, 2012
- Congress, NCP leaders also turn up to felicitate Munde - Dec 12, 2010
- Congress, NCP score well in five civic bodies' polls - Apr 16, 2012
- Three held in connection with Malegaon blasts - Oct 24, 2008
- Seven Malegaon blasts accused post bonds, out on bail - Nov 16, 2011
- Jammu observes shutdown against police action - Mar 17, 2012
- BJP holds rally against 'mafia rule' in Maharashtra - Mar 14, 2011
- Congress keeping Goa illegal mining report under wraps: Munde - Feb 26, 2012