NCP suspends MP accused of murderJune 10th, 2009 - 8:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 10 (IANS) The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) Wednesday suspended Padamsinh Patil, its MP from Maharashtra, three days after he was arrested for his alleged involvement in the murder of a Congress leader in 2006.
NCP leader Praful Patel told reporters here that the party’s disciplinary action committee had decided to suspend Patil from its primary membership.
“If he is found guilty, we will expel him and take him back if not (found guilty),” he said.
The Central Bureau Investigation (CBI) arrested Patil Sunday in connection with the killing of his cousin Pavan Raje Nimbalkar and his driver Samad Qazi in Navi Mumbai in 2006.
The NCP MP has been elected to the Lok Sabha from Osmanabad.
“NCP firmly believes in setting high standards of probity in public life and the law should take its own course,” said Patel, who is also the union minister of state (independent charge) for civil aviation.
- NCP suspends MP accused of murder (Lead) - Jun 10, 2009
- NCP suspends legislator over rape charge - Feb 26, 2011
- Murder accused MP Padamsinh Patil fined Rs.10,000 (Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- NCP speaks up for MP charged with murder - Jun 09, 2009
- NCP will not merge with Congress, says party leader - Jun 10, 2009
- Slain Congress leader's wife wants trial in Mumbai - Mar 11, 2012
- Padamsinh Patil's arrest embarrassing for party: NCP - Jun 08, 2009
- NCP MP Padamsinh Patil charged with Congress leader's murder, in CBI custody (Fourth Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- Murder accused MP Padamsinh Patil fined Rs.10,000 - Jun 07, 2011
- Murder accused NCP MP in jail till July 3 - Jun 20, 2009
- CBI to challenge Maharashtra MP's bail in murder case (Lead) - Jun 09, 2010
- NCP MP Padamsinh Patil charged with murder of Congress leader (Third Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- Arms haul from NCP leader Padamsinh Patil's homes (Lead) - Jun 19, 2009
- Accused NCP MP sent to CBI custody till June 20 - Jun 14, 2009
- CBI arrests NCP MP Padamsinh Patil (Second Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
Tags: action committee, cbi, civil aviation, congress leader, cousin, disciplinary action, Lok Sabha, maharashtra, mp, mumbai, nationalist congress party, ncp, New Delhi, osmanabad, praful patel, probity, qazi, union minister