NCP MP arrest: Maharashtra opposition creates ruckusJune 8th, 2009 - 1:54 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 8 (IANS) The arrest of senior Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) MP Padamsinh Patil rocked the Maharashtra legislature Monday with the opposition parties demanding resignation of state Home Minister Jayant Patil and Information Minister Rana Jagjitsinh Patil, who is also the son of the accused.
The entire opposition was on its feet minutes after the house assembled for the day and raised slogans accusing the state government of allegedly attempting to shield Padamsinh Patil.
Leader of Opposition in the assembly, Shiv Sena’s Ramdas Kadam, raised the issue and demanded the resignation of the two ministers. He also demanded a detailed discussion and a statement by the government on the issue. Following this, the house was adjourned for 15 minutes.
Patil was arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) early Sunday and was later remanded to CBI custody till June 14 by a court in Panvel, around 100 km from here. He has been charged with the murder and criminal conspiracy to kill his cousin Pavan Raje Nimbalkar, a Congress leader, at Kalamboli in Navi Mumbai in 2006.
- Murder accused MP Padamsinh Patil fined Rs.10,000 (Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- Murder accused MP Padamsinh Patil fined Rs.10,000 - Jun 07, 2011
- CBI quizzes Anna Hazare in Nimbalkar murder - Jun 09, 2009
- Maharashtra opposition creates ruckus over NCP MP's arrest - Jun 09, 2009
- NCP MP gets bail in Nimbalkar murder case - Sep 25, 2009
- NCP suspends legislator over rape charge - Feb 26, 2011
- CBI arrests NCP MP Padamsinh Patil (Second Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- Padamsinh Patil's arrest embarrassing for party: NCP - Jun 08, 2009
- Patil's CBI custody extended till June 20 - Jun 14, 2009
- NCP MP Padamsinh Patil in CBI custody for Congress leader's murder (Roundup) - Jun 07, 2009
- Padamsinh accused in Nimbalkar murder - Aug 20, 2009
- Plot to kill Magsaysay winner Anna Hazare revealed (Lead) - Jun 01, 2009
- Slain Congress leader's wife wants trial in Mumbai - Mar 11, 2012
- CBI detains NCP MP Padamsinh Patil (Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- NCP MP Padamsinh Patil charged with murder of Congress leader (Third Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
Tags: cbi, central bureau of investigation, congress leader, criminal conspiracy, home minister, information minister, jayant, kadam, leader of opposition, maharashtra legislature, nationalist congress party, ncp, opposition parties, panvel, raje, ramdas, rana, ruckus, sena, slogans