NCP leader arrested for illegal mining, hospitalisedAugust 5th, 2011 - 2:01 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Aug 5 (IANS) Senior Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Jeetendra Deshprabhu complained of chest pain and was hospitalized in the wee hours of Friday, a day after being arrested for alleged involvement in illegal mining.
He was admitted to the Coronary Care Unit (CCU) of the Goa Medical college (GMC) on the outskirts of Panaji where doctors said he was “under observation”.
Deshprabhu, a senior NCP leader and a general secretary in charge of the party’s affairs in Gujarat, had been arrested after a local court refused to grant him anticipatory bail.
The NCP leader has already been fined Rs.1.7 crore for allegedly carrying out illegal bauxite mining in Korgao village, 30 km from here.
He was booked along with state mines director Arvind Lolienkar, following an FIR filed by right to information (RTI) activist Kashinath Shetye, who had accused both of carrying out illegal mining.
Deshprabhu is not the only NCP officebearer accused of involvement in illegal mining in Goa. NCP’s Goa coordinator Prafulla Hede has also been hauled up for illegal mining by the state government, while another office bearer Gitesh Naik has already been arrested in an illegal mining case.
- NCP leader arrested for illegal mining - Aug 04, 2011
- Goa NCP leader summoned in illegal mining case - Jul 11, 2011
- NCP leader accused of illegal mining - Jul 04, 2011
- Goa court orders probe against NCP leader, bureaucrat - May 07, 2011
- NCP leader, two officials booked in illegal mining case - May 10, 2011
- Ruling NCP leaders' role in illegal mining worries Goa BJP - May 09, 2011
- Court seeks police report on Goa's illegal mining case - Jul 13, 2011
- Pawar aide's illegal mine being probed: Goa minister - Mar 17, 2011
- Goa Congress denies illegal mining charges - Jan 17, 2012
- Criminal complaint against NCP leader for illegal mining - Feb 14, 2011
- Cash-for-post scam rocks Goa NCP unit - Jul 06, 2011
- Pawar aide alleges victimisation in Goa - Sep 10, 2011
- Elections ahead, Congress, BJP reach out to mining lobby (Goa Newsletter) - Jan 28, 2012
- NCP national secretary runs illegal mine in Goa: Kamat - Feb 01, 2011
- Mining firms encroaching on government land: Kamat - Apr 06, 2011
Tags: arvind, bauxite mining, ccu, chest pain, coronary care unit, crore, general secretary, goa medical, gujarat, hede, jeetendra, local court, medical college, naik, nationalist congress party, office bearer, outskirts, panaji, state mines, wee hours