NCP declares truce, alliance to have more ‘coordination’July 25th, 2012 - 8:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 25 (IANS) Declaring a truce with the alliance partner Congress, the NCP Wednesday said a mechanism is being evolved to ensure more consultation between allies for “cohesive functioning” of the government.
Talking to reporters after Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi, party leader Praful Patel said it was decided that allies will meet at least once a month “to discuss policies and other issues”.
“After deliberations, we decided to set up an effective coordination mechanism to ensure cohesive functioning of the UPA. It will ensure UPA allies meet at least once a month to discuss policies and other issues,” Patel said.
“It was also decided that a coordination mechanism will be formulated for Maharashtra government soon,” he said.
The two allies had been going through a rough patch with NCP reportedly upset about not being given due importance in the alliance.
Pawar and Patel had not been attending their office and also gave a miss to the last meeting of the union cabinet.
Patel said they both would return to their offices. He also made it clear that the NCP was not leaving the alliance.
- NCP declares truce, alliance to have more 'coordination' (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Congress, NCP stand-off ends with decision on better coordination (Roundup) - Jul 25, 2012
- Congress, NCP stand-off ends with decision on better coordination (Intro-Roundup) - Jul 26, 2012
- UPA coordination committee to meet Aug 8 (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Maharashtra Congress goes into huddle over NCP's stance - Jul 23, 2012
- NCP unhappy in Maharashtra also - Jul 21, 2012
- Unhappy Pawar, Patel offer to quit (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- PM willing to talk to NCP 'on any issue' (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- NCP to stay in UPA but attend no function, skips PM's dinner (Roundup) - Jul 23, 2012
- UPA coordination panel holds first meeting - Aug 09, 2012
- Congress tries hard to mollify NCP, Pawar unswayed (Intro Roundup) - Jul 21, 2012
- No ultimatum to Congress, says NCP - Jul 25, 2012
- PM praises Pawar, UPA row ebbs for now (Roundup) - Jul 20, 2012
- NCP to stay with UPA, but skip functions: Praful Patel (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Pawar meets Sonia to discuss 'coalition issues' - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: alliance partner, allies, consultation, coordination mechanism, deliberations, manmohan, manmohan singh, nationalist congress party, New Delhi, party leader, praful patel, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rough patch, sharad pawar, sonia gandhi, truce, union cabinet, UPA