NC-Congress leading in four Kashmir seats (Second Lead)May 16th, 2009 - 4:17 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, May 16 (IANS) The National Conference-Congress combine was leading in four of the six Lok Sabha seats in Jammu and Kashmir till 2 p.m. Saturday.
NC leader Farooq Abdullah is leading in the Srinagar seat over his Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) rival Moulvi Ifftekhar Ansari by more than 32,000 votes.
In Baramulla, NC candidate Sharief-ud-din Shariq is leading by more than 26,000 votes over his PDP rival Dilawar Mir.
In Anantnag, NC’s Mirza Mehboob Baig is leading over the PDP’s Peer Mohammed Hussain with more than 4,000 votes.
Congress candidate Madan Lal Sharma was ahead of the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) Leela Karan Sharma by over 28,000 votes in Jammu while the Congress candidate in Udhampur, Chowdhary Lal Singh, was ahead of the BJP’s Nirmal Singh.
Trends were not available from Ladakh constituency.
The NC won the Sonawar assembly by-poll by 48 votes, while the Congress won the Baderwah assembly by-election by 463 votes.
- National Conference-Congress leading in four of six seats in Jammu and Kashmir (Lead) - May 16, 2009
- National Conference leads in 3 Jammu and Kashmir seats, Congress in 2 - May 16, 2009
- NC-Congress combine sweeps Kashmir polls - May 16, 2009
- Voting begins in Jammu and Kashmir - May 13, 2009
- All eyes on Sajjad Lone (Poll Curtainraiser - Jammu and Kashmir) - May 12, 2009
- Sajjad Lone votes in ancestral town - May 13, 2009
- Farooq Abdullah to file nomination for Srinagar seat - Apr 13, 2009
- BJP to probe cross-voting in legislative council polls - Apr 14, 2011
- National Conference undecided about Srinagar Lok Sabha candidate - Apr 13, 2009
- Voting picks up in Srinagar (Second Lead) - May 07, 2009
- Voting picks up in Srinagar (Third Lead) - May 07, 2009
- Monday's police shootout deaths in Srinagar questioned - Nov 30, 2010
- Air force pressed into poll duty in Jammu and Kashmir - May 12, 2009
- Defeated in assembly polls they made it to parliament - May 17, 2009
- NC-Congress combine bags 5 seats, PDP has surplus votes - Apr 13, 2011
Tags: anantnag, ansari, baig, bharatiya janata party, bjp, chowdhary, congress candidate, farooq abdullah, jammu and kashmir, karan, kashmir, lal singh, leela, lok sabha seats, mehboob, mohammed hussain, nc leader, nirmal singh, shariq, udhampur