Naveen Patnaik wins from Hinjili in OrissaMay 16th, 2009 - 5:02 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, May 16 (IANS) Biju Janata Dal (BJD) head and Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has won from the Hinjili assembly constituency of Ganjam district, an official said Saturday.
According to the results declared for 20 assembly seats till afternoon, BJD has won 18 while two have gone to the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
The BJD was ahead of its rivals in 101 other assembly seats. The Congress and BJP were leading in 27 and 10 seats respectively.
The BJD was also leading in 15 Lok Sabha constituencies. The Congress was ahead in six.
Counting of votes for the state’s 21 Lok Sabha and 147 assembly seats was underway in 60 centres across the state simultaneously.
- Sangma arrives in Odisha to seek support - Jul 15, 2012
- BJD heading for landslide win in Orissa (Second Lead) - May 16, 2009
- BJD refuses to join NDA rally - Dec 15, 2010
- Sangma to campaign in Odisha July 15 - Jul 06, 2012
- BJD leads in Orissa in early rounds of counting - May 16, 2009
- BJP rules out poll pact with BJD - Oct 31, 2011
- Naveen Patnaik rules out supporting Congress - Mar 07, 2011
- Patnaik yet to make up mind on joining NDA rally - Dec 09, 2010
- Presidential election: Sangma's son meets Patnaik - Jun 26, 2012
- Pranab in Odisha to seek support - Jul 11, 2012
- Patnaik leaves for Delhi to back Sangma - Jun 27, 2012
- Pranab to campaign in Odisha July 11 - Jul 01, 2012
- BJD to abstain in vice-presidential poll - Aug 05, 2012
- BJD heads for landslide victory in Orissa (Lead) - May 16, 2009
- Oriya film actor, Congress rebel among BJD candidates - Mar 26, 2009