Naveen Patnaik to meet BJD leaders Friday (Lead)June 1st, 2012 - 12:04 am ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, May 31 (IANS) Shortly after arriving from Britain, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said he will be meeting party leaders here Friday, amid reports of rebellion in the ruling Biju Janata Dal (BJD).
“Right decision will be taken at right time” Patnaik said.
He evaded questions on Rajya Sabha member Pyari Mohan Mohapatra allegedly attempting to dethrone him during his absence.
Meanwhile, thousands of BJD workers and leaders Thursday welcomed Patnaik when he arrived in the state capital after a trip to Britain.
Patnaik’s return was anxiously awaited by the party workers in the wake of the alleged rebellion by a section of BJD legislators, led by Mohapatra.
Speaking to reporters here, Patnaik said he will be meeting legislators, parliament members and senior leaders of his BJD Friday morning and will take appropriate decision on the alleged rebellion at right time.
State ministers, legislators and members of parliament greeted Patnaik with flowers as soon as he came out of the airport. People were also waiting for him at his official residence.
Patnaik’s loyalists had alleged that Mohapatra Tuesday night held a meeting with a large number of legislators at his residence with an aim to destabilise the chief minister.
They said Mohapatra aborted the move after realising that he did not have the required numbers in his favour. Mohapatra, who had been an advisor to the chief minister, however denied the allegations and said the legislators met him because they were unhappy with the party’s activities.
- Patnaik returns home, gets rousing welcome - May 31, 2012
- Patnaik holds talks to mend fences in BJD - Jun 01, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik suspends Mohapatra, drops two ministers - Jun 01, 2012
- Dissident leader upset but rules out split in BJD - May 30, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik suspends Mohapatra, drops two ministers (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Dissident BJD leader's forum a parallel platform? - Oct 12, 2011
- Naveen Patnaik rules out supporting Congress - Mar 07, 2011
- Pranab in Odisha to seek support - Jul 11, 2012
- Patnaik leaves for Delhi to back Sangma - Jun 27, 2012
- Congress backs Orissa businessman for Rajya Sabha (Lead) - Jun 07, 2010
- Congress backs Orissa businessman for Rajya Sabha - Jun 07, 2010
- Naveen Patnaik to expand ministry - Aug 02, 2012
- Vote for party's Rajya Sabha candidates, BJD tells legislators - Jun 13, 2010
- Orissa votes to elect three Rajya Sabha members - Jun 17, 2010
- Presidential election: Sangma's son meets Patnaik - Jun 26, 2012
Tags: bjd leaders, chief minister, favour, friday morning, legislators, loyalists, members of parliament, mohan, odisha, parliament members, party leaders, pyari, rajya sabha, realising, rebellion, right decision, right time, sabha member, state ministers, time state