Naveen Patnaik elected BJD legislature party leaderMay 19th, 2009 - 7:42 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, May 19 (IANS) Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik was formally elected as the Biju Janata Dal (BJD) legislative party leader Tuesday, a party official said.
Patnaik was unanimously elected in a specially convened meet at the party’s headquarter in state capital Bhubaneswar.
The party won 103 out of 147 seats in the state assembly and 14 out of 21 Lok Sabha seats in Orissa in the recently concluded polls.
The sweeping victory came as a surprise particularly after Patnaik split from his 11-year-old political ally BJP over seat sharing. The BJD-BJP combine, which broke a month ahead of the elections, had ruled the state for two consecutive terms.
- Patnaik to take oath as Orissa chief minister Thursday - May 20, 2009
- NCP withdraws support to BJD in Orissa - Dec 29, 2010
- Naveen Patnaik re-elected BJD chief - Jan 23, 2010
- BJP rules out poll pact with BJD - Oct 31, 2011
- Naveen Patnaik - true inheritor of his father's legacy (Profile) - May 21, 2009
- Sangma arrives in Odisha to seek support - Jul 15, 2012
- BJD to field Dilip Tirkey for Rajya Sabha - Mar 16, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik sworn in as Orissa Chief MinisterNaveen Patnaik sworn in as Orissa Chief Minister - May 21, 2009
- BJD to abstain in vice-presidential poll - Aug 05, 2012
- Biju Janata Dal fields three for Rajya Sabha poll - Jun 04, 2010
- Sangma to campaign in Odisha July 15 - Jul 06, 2012
- Landslide victory for Patnaik in Orissa (Fourth Lead) - May 16, 2009
- Patnaik leaves for Delhi to back Sangma - Jun 27, 2012
- BJD refuses to join NDA rally - Dec 15, 2010
- Pranab in Odisha to seek support - Jul 11, 2012