National Conference-Congress leading in four of six seats in Jammu and Kashmir (Lead)May 16th, 2009 - 3:11 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar/Jammu May 16 (IANS) The National Conference-Congress combine was leading in four out of the six Lok Sabha seats in Jammu and Kashmir by noon Saturday while trends were yet to come in from one seat.
In the two assembly seats where bypolls were held, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was leading.
In Srinagar, National Conference’s Farooq Abdullah was ahead of PDP rival Maulvi Ifftekhar Hussain Ansari by over 8,000 votes. In Baramulla, National Conference’s Sharief-ud-Din Shariq was ahead of PDP’s Muhammad Dilawar Mir by over 11,000 votes. Sajjad Gani Lone was in third position.
Congress candidate Madan Lal Sharma was ahead of the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) Leela Karan Sharma by over 28,000 votes in Jammu while the Congress candidate in Udhampur, Chowdhary Lal Singh, was ahead of the BJP’s Nirmal Singh by 6,300 votes.
In Anantnag, the PDP’s Peer Muhammad Hussain ahead of the National Conference’s Mirza Mehboob Beg by over 1,500 votes.
Trends were not available from Ladakh constituency.
In the Sonawar assembly bypoll, the PDP’s Muhammad Ashraf Mir ahead of National Conference’s Yasin Shah by over 1,500 votes. The BJP’s Dulip Singh was ahead of the Congress candidate by 500 votes in the Bhaderwah assembly seat.
- NC-Congress leading in four Kashmir seats (Second Lead) - May 16, 2009
- National Conference leads in 3 Jammu and Kashmir seats, Congress in 2 - May 16, 2009
- Congress wins two bypolls, BJP drubbed in Karnataka (Roundup) - Dec 04, 2011
- NC-Congress combine bags 5 seats, PDP has surplus votes - Apr 13, 2011
- Poll victory shows alliance unity: Omar - Apr 13, 2011
- Voting picks up in Srinagar (Second Lead) - May 07, 2009
- Voting picks up in Srinagar (Third Lead) - May 07, 2009
- Jammu and Kashmir legislators vote for new president - Jul 19, 2012
- Chaos in Kashmir assembly over NC worker's death - Oct 03, 2011
- BJP to probe cross-voting in legislative council polls - Apr 14, 2011
- Congress faces setback in Andhra, Trinamool wins UP bypoll (Roundup) - Jun 15, 2012
- National Conference, PDP will slug it out in Srinagar (Curtainraiser -Kashmir) - May 06, 2009
- Millions vote in by-polls in six states (Roundup) - Nov 30, 2011
- Expelled Jammu and Kashmir legislators to support Sangma - Jul 15, 2012
- PDP is party of Jammu too: Mufti - May 27, 2012
Tags: ansari, assembly seat, assembly seats, bharatiya janata party, bjp, chowdhary, congress candidate, dilawar, farooq abdullah, gani, jammu and kashmir, lal singh, lok sabha seats, muhammad ashraf, nirmal singh, s farooq, shariq, third position, udhampur, yasin