Narayanan briefs Karunanidhi on Sri Lanka visitMay 24th, 2009 - 3:44 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, May 24 (IANS) National Security Advisor M.K. Narayanan met Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi and briefed him on the situation in Sri Lanka and his talks with President Mahinda Rajapaksa following the defeat of the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE), officials said.
Narayan met Karunanidhi at his residence here Saturday evening, but declined to speak to mediapersons.
Narayanan, who visited Sri Lanka May 20 after the killing of LTTE chief Velupillai Prabhakaran, had met Rajapaksa in Colombo.
The National Security Advisor was briefed about the Sri Lankan government’s plan to resettle the civilians displaced during the war against the LTTE.
Narayanan had assured Sri Lanka of India’s cooperation in rebuilding the strife-torn area and the rehabilitation of the civilians.
- A candid post-mortem of the LTTE (Book Review) - Jul 16, 2012
- Sri Lanka, Singapore sign trade agreement - Feb 16, 2012
- Ahead of elections, pro-LTTE journal attacks Karunanidhi - Apr 11, 2011
- DMK to join government, likely to get seven berths (Second Lead) - May 24, 2009
- India should help form Tamil Eelam: Ramadoss - Apr 26, 2011
- PM calls meeting to review Sri Lanka situation - Apr 22, 2009
- After military victory, Sri Lanka promises political solution (Lead) - May 21, 2009
- India wanted LTTE 'put in its place': Norway report - Nov 11, 2011
- International Tamil rebel network still active: Sri Lanka - Jun 21, 2010
- Solheim to visit Sri Lanka -- to mend fences - Oct 18, 2010
- PM reviews Lanka situation at special meeting, Chennai strikes - Apr 23, 2009
- NSA, Menon to meet Rajapaksa, press for political solution (Lead) - May 20, 2009
- Indian envoys meet Sri Lankan President - May 21, 2009
- Tamil Nadu MPs return from Sri Lankan Tamil camps - Oct 14, 2009
- Rajapaksa assures Tamil MPs of resettling displaced civilians - Jun 09, 2010
Tags: briefs, chief minister, civilians, cooperation, India, karunanidhi, liberation tigers of tamil eelam, liberation tigers of tamil eelam ltte, mahinda rajapaksa, may 24, narayanan, national security advisor, president mahinda rajapaksa, saturday evening, sri lanka, sri lankan government, strife, velupillai prabhakaran