Narasimhan, Sankaranarayanan reappointed Andhra, Maharashtra governorsApril 28th, 2012 - 11:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 28 (IANS) President Pratibha Patil Saturday re-appointed E.S.L. Narasimhan and K. Sankaranarayanan as governors of Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra respectively.
According to a Rashtrapati Bhavan communique, Narasimhan and Sankaranarayanan have been appointed governors for fresh term.
Meanwhile, B.V. Wanchoo, a former chief of the Special Protection Group (SPG), will be the new governor of Goa. The post was vacant.
Former Madhya Pradesh minister Aziz Qureshi will be the new governor of Uttrakhand, replacing Margaret Alva, who will take over as Rajasthan governor for the remainder of her term. The post was also vacant and Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil was officiating as the governor.
- Rosaiah new governor of Tamil Nadu - Aug 26, 2011
- Narasimhan begins second term as Andhra Pradesh governor - May 03, 2012
- Four new governors take office (Roundup) - Jan 22, 2010
- B.L. Joshi replaces Rajeshwar as Uttar Pradesh governor - Jul 19, 2009
- Jaffar Sharief, Dhawan for governor's posts? - Apr 28, 2012
- No successor yet, Narasimhan does R-Day honours - Jan 26, 2012
- Narasimhan takes charge of Andhra too (Lead) - Dec 27, 2009
- New Governors for Uttarakhand, UP, Jharkhand, Gujarat appointed - Jul 18, 2009
- Sankaranarayanan sworn in as Maharashtra governor for second term - May 07, 2012
- Governors names finalised, Narayanan for West Bengal - Jan 16, 2010
- President Patil accepts N.D.Tiwari's resignation from Andhra Governor's post - Dec 27, 2009
- Speculations rife over new Governors' names - Jan 16, 2010
- President Patil in Hyderabad - Jul 02, 2011
- Andhra governor accepts minister's resignation over Telangana - Jun 01, 2011
- New Governors announced, Narayanan for West Bengal (Lead) - Jan 17, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,