Nano launch a conspiracy against me: MamataMarch 28th, 2009 - 1:01 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 27 (IANS) Four days after the launch of the Nano in Mumbai, Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee Friday alleged that the event was timed with the Lok
Sabha elections in mind and was a conspiracy against her.
Participating in an interactive programme aired by a private television news channel, Banerjee said: “The launch of the Nano was timed keeping in view the approaching Lok Sabha polls. It was motivated. It is a conspiracy against me.
“Where is the factory? The car is also not ready. Some parts of cars were bought from malls to make the model cars,” she alleged in the programme broadcast by Star Ananda.
Banerjee claimed that Tata Motors had fled from Singur not because of her party’s agitation against land acquisition, but because of the global meltdown.
The Trinamool supremo said Tatas’ purchase of Corus had brought down the share prices of the company. “Their plants in Jamshedpur are also not running through the week.”
Responding to Tata Motors chairman Ratan Tata’s greeting ‘good afternoon’ during the March 23 Nano launch in Mumbai, Banerjee said: “He has his allegiance for a particular political party (CPI-M). So I will wish him good night. We will usher in a new and good morning.”
Tata Motors wound up its Singur plant, which was originally scheduled to roll out the Nano, last October, following sustained protests by the Trinamool-led farmers demanding return of 400 of the 997.11 acres acquired for the project. The agitators alleged that the 400 acres were forcibly taken by the government from farmers unwilling to part with their land.
- Bengal to acquire 400 acres at Singur to return to farmers - Jun 09, 2011
- West Bengal minister visits Singur site - May 31, 2011
- Mamata buckles under anti-land acquisition stir, cancels Sankarail project (Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- Making Singur land accord public will take time: Bengal minister - May 27, 2011
- Industry will be set up in Singur: Buddhadeb - Jan 09, 2011
- 400 acres to be returned to Singur farmers: Mamata - May 20, 2011
- Fourth round of Bengal polls: Spotlight on Singur, Nandigram - May 02, 2011
- Bengal minister challenges Trinamool on land acquisition - Nov 17, 2010
- Singur farmers distribute sweets, throw colour - Sep 28, 2011
- 2007 accord on Tata's Singur plant land to be made public - May 26, 2011
- After protests, Mamata for shifting wagon factory to Singur - Jan 13, 2011
- Mamata government tables Singur bill - Jun 14, 2011
- Singur celebrates passage of bill for land's return - Jun 14, 2011
- Singur bill passed in Bengal assembly (Lead) - Jun 14, 2011
- West Bengal moves apex court on Singur land law - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: agitation, agitators, chairman ratan tata, CPI, global meltdown, good afternoon, land acquisition, launch, lok sabha elections, lok sabha polls, mamata banerjee, model cars, motors chairman, private television, share prices, singur, star ananda, tata motors, television news, trinamool congress chief