Nafisa Ali is Samajwadi Party candidate from LucknowApril 5th, 2009 - 4:46 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, April 5 (IANS) Film actress and socialite Nafisa Ali is the Samajwadi Party candidate for the Lucknow Lok Sabha seat.
Nafisa’s name was announced by party general secretary Amar Singh at a press conference here.
Nafisa’s name was proposed after the Supreme Court denied permission to Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt to fight the Lok Sabha polls from Lucknow on the Samajwadi Party ticket. Dutt, who is out on bail, was served a six year jail sentence by a Mumbai court for possession of illegal arms during the 1993 Mumbai riots.
- Nafisa Ali named Samajwadi Party candidate from Lucknow (Lead) - Apr 05, 2009
- Nafisa Ali replaces Sanjay Dutt as SP candidate from Lucknow - Apr 05, 2009
- Supreme Court rejects plea against Sanjay Dutt - Jul 04, 2011
- 'Congress will not put up candidate against Sanjay Dutt' - Mar 28, 2009
- I met Dawood Ibrahim once: Sanjay Dutt - Aug 15, 2012
- Was Nafisa hijacked by Amar from Congress fold? (Lead) - Apr 05, 2009
- Nafisa files nomination from Lucknow - Apr 08, 2009
- I hope court case gets over soon: Sanjay Dutt - Aug 10, 2011
- CBI opposes relief for Sanjay Dutt - Aug 23, 2012
- Hoardings displaying AK-47 await Sanjay Dutt in Lucknow - Jan 16, 2009
- Supreme Court to hear Sanjay Dutt''s petition on March 30 to stay conviction - Mar 06, 2009
- Supreme Court to hear Sanjay Dutt's petition to stay conviction - Mar 30, 2009
- Not linked to 1993 Mumbai blasts, Sanjay Dutt tells SC - Aug 14, 2012
- I will never return to politics: Sanjay Dutt - Jul 26, 2011
- Sanjay Dutt moves SC to allow him to contest elections - Mar 05, 2009
Tags: amar singh, film actress, general secretary, illegal arms, jail sentence, lok sabha polls, lucknow, mumbai court, mumbai riots, nafisa ali, party candidate, party ticket, possession, sanjay dutt, supreme court