My local roots an asset, says Advani’s Congress rivalApril 8th, 2009 - 6:26 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, April 8 (IANS) Suresh Patel, the Congress candidate for Gandhinagar Lok Sabha seat said Wednesday that his close interaction with people of the constituency for many years would prove to be an asset while contesting against senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani.
‘I am a local person and people of the Gandhinagar constituency believe in me and my work,” Patel said coming out of the Gandhinagar district collectorate after filing his nomination minutes before Advani arrived to file his nomination.
He said that on one side the BJP talks about construction of the Ram temple in Ayodhya and on the other hand its government in Gujarat went about demolishing about 100 small and big temples in a demolition drive.
More than 100 supporters of Patel gathered outside the district collectorate to greet Patel.
- Factsheet: Timeline of the Ayodhya Dispute - May 09, 2011
- Advani rakes up Ram temple issue - Sep 09, 2012
- Delhi in mind, Advani starts yatra from Bihar - Oct 12, 2011
- Advani declares assets worth Rs.3.55 crore, has no vehicle - Apr 08, 2009
- Ayodhya case: Advani, others oppose CBI plea (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Advani to launch 'yatra' against graft - Sep 08, 2011
- Advani to file nomination from Gandhinagar today - Apr 08, 2009
- Temple not on people's agenda in Ayodhya - Feb 09, 2012
- Advani 'euphoric' on Dec 6, 1992, says eyewitness cop - Mar 26, 2010
- Advani's 'yatra' not for PM's post: Gadkari - Sep 29, 2011
- No comments, says BJP, but Congress, Left attack Advani (Roundup) - Mar 26, 2010
- Congress book blames Sangh parivar for Babri demolition, defends Rao - Dec 30, 2010
- No comments, Babri case subjudice, says BJP - Mar 26, 2010
- Advani 'euphoric' on Babri demolition day, says eyewitness cop (Lead) - Mar 26, 2010
- Ayodhya case: Advani, others oppose CBI plea - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: ayodhya, bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, congress candidate, constituency, demolition drive, gandhinagar, gujarat, interaction with people, l k advani, Lok Sabha, nomination, ram temple, roots, suresh patel, temples