Muthalik will be arrested if he enters Goa: Parrikar (Lead)July 18th, 2012 - 11:08 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, July 18 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party’s Goa government will arrest Sri Ram Sene supremo Pramod Muthalik if he comes to Goa, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said Wednesday.
Parrikar told the Goa legislative assembly that Muthalik will be barred from entering Goa under section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code.
“He will be arrested if he comes to Goa. The collector will decide his fate after the police report,” Parrikar said in the assembly during the monsoon session.
A recent statement by Muthalik claiming that he would be opening a branch of his ultra rightwing Sri Ram Sene in Goa had created a controversy in Goa. Parrikar in reaction to Muthalik’s statement had said that he would not “allow anyone to take law in his hands”.
Muthalik shot to fame after he attacked young men and women patronising pubs some years back in Karnataka, claiming that it was against Indian culture.
Parrikar also said that Goans who are in league with Muthalik would also be penalised.
“I know some people are trying to call Muthalik to Goa. I am waiting to catch them and put them inside (jail). Their plan is to create chaos here by calling him,” said Parrikar, when the issue was raised by the Independent legislator from Fatorda, Vijai Sardessai.
- Action against those inviting Muthalik to Goa: CM - Jul 18, 2012
- No religion for purpose of statecraft: Parrikar - Jun 13, 2012
- Goa CM dismisses Sri Ram Sene chief as inconsequential - Jun 27, 2012
- Deal with Sri Rama Sene like a terror outfit, says Faleiro - Jun 25, 2012
- Ram Sene should be monitored: Congress - Jun 21, 2012
- Black-faced Muthalik demands justice - Feb 12, 2010
- 'Rent-a-riot' Muthalik pays for his fanaticism (Letter from Bangalore) - May 21, 2010
- Freezing influx, brain drain necessary to develop Goa: CM - Jul 02, 2012
- Ram Sene chief Muthalik attacked in Bangalore - Feb 11, 2010
- 936 from St. Andre opted for Portuguese citizenship - Jul 21, 2012
- Goa government bans Sri Rama Sene - Mar 21, 2009
- Mysore Police takes Sri Ram Sene chief into custody - Apr 06, 2009
- Sri Ram Sene will not find any takers in Goa: Naik - Mar 17, 2009
- Goa's water share important than party: Parrikar - Aug 07, 2012
- Pramod Muthalik moves court against ban in Goa - Sep 23, 2009
Tags: bharatiya janata party, chief minister, controversy, fate, goa government, indian culture, karnataka, legislative assembly, legislator, manohar parrikar, men and women, monsoon session, police report, pramod, pubs, rightwing, sene, sri ram, vijai, young men