Muslims not a minority, Parsis and Jews are: SudarshanNovember 30th, 2008 - 1:58 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Nov 30 (IANS) The Muslim community in India is not a minority and Parsis and Jews are the “real minority”, Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief K.C. Sudarshan has said.”Muslims are not a minority. They are being treated as a minority. It is part of an appeasement policy,” Sudarshan said Saturday at Muzaffarpur, about 70 km from here.
He said that despite their small numbers, Parsis and Jews neither demanded reservation nor special treatment.
“Muslims should not be described as a minority. It is wrong to say so,” Sudarshan told a meeting of RSS activists.
He claimed that 99.99 percent of Muslims and even Christians shared the “same blood and same ancestors” with the Hindus. “They have only changed the way of worship.”
Sudarshan, who is on a week-long visit to Bihar, said that a community should be treated as a minority if it migrates from another country, not when “your ancestors belonged to this country”.
“India was home to the Muslims and their roots were in this country. How can they become a minority?” he asked.
With some 140 million Muslims, India is home to the world’s third largest Islamic population after Indonesia and Pakistean.
- BJP dislikes minorities: Vaghela (Lead) - Jul 04, 2012
- DNA of all Indians same, says RSS chief - Apr 18, 2010
- Seven injured in clash of Congress, RSS workers in Ranchi - Nov 16, 2010
- BJP dislikes minorities: Shankarsinh Vaghela - Jul 04, 2012
- Seven hurt in Congress, RSS workers' clash in Ranchi (Lead) - Nov 16, 2010
- K.S. Sudarshan traced near his residence (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Congress launches frontal attack on 'insidious' RSS, BJP (Lead) - Dec 19, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi immature: BJP leader Shahi - Oct 08, 2010
- Kejriwal meets Muslim clerics for Jan Lokpal movement - Nov 14, 2011
- K.S. Sudarshan traced after missing for five hours - Aug 03, 2012
- Congress appeasing minorities: RSS chief - Oct 17, 2010
- Linking RSS to terror is ridiculous, says Gadkari - Jan 11, 2011
- RSS questions Nitish Kumar's 'secular PM' comments - Jun 24, 2012
- RSS expresses regret over Sudarshan's remarks; Congressmen hold protests (Roundup) - Nov 12, 2010
- Sonia pursuing anti-RSS policies, says Goa unit chief - Nov 08, 2010