Murder-accused JD-U leader’s property attachedJune 16th, 2009 - 2:16 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, June 16 (IANS) Bihar police has attached the property of Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader Vijay Krishna and his son Chanakya, prime accused in the abduction and murder of a Patna businessman whose decomposed body was found floating in the Ganges river last week.
“We secured the property attachment order from the court of the chief judicial magistrate last week. We have attached the property of the accused,” Patna senior superintendent of police R. Mallar Vizhi told IANS Tuesday.
“Many opportunities were provided to Krishna and Chanakya but the two did not surrender. So now we have attached their property,” he added.
Vizhi said a flat in S.K. Puri locality of Patna in which Satyendra Kumar Singh was killed has been attached. Blood stains were found by the police in the same flat last week.
Krishna’s domestic help Gagan Kumar had revealed that Singh was killed in the flat owned by Chanakya in the presence of the JD-U leader.
Police is likely to attach another flat in White House Apartment here, Vizhi said.
Singh, 50, was abducted in the last week of May. His decomposed body was found floating in the Ganges river June 11.
A non-bailable warrant and proclamation notice was issued and a special police team was set up to arrest Krishna, a former MP and his son.
Police suspect that both the accused might have fled the country.
- Murderers should be hanged: Slain businessman's wife - Jun 17, 2009
- Bihar police intensify efforts to nab murder-accused JD-U leader - Jun 13, 2009
- Bihar JD-U leader arrested for businessman's murder - Aug 20, 2009
- Give death penalty to murderer: wife of slain Bihar businessman - Jan 26, 2010
- Former MP and JD-U leader gets bail in murder case - Jan 07, 2010
- JD-U leader's bail to be challenged in Supreme Court - Jan 08, 2010
- Police for speedy trial of former MP facing murder charge - Aug 21, 2009
- Take polygraph test, slain Patna businessman's wife tells ex-MP - Sep 07, 2009
- Body of abducted Patna businessman found - Jun 12, 2009
- JD-U leader denied anticipatory bail in kidnapping case - Jun 09, 2009
- Family of abducted Bihar businessman wants CBI probe - Jun 10, 2009
- Kidnapped businessman's family slams delay in JD-U leader's arrest - Jun 04, 2009
- Arrested former MP handed over to Bihar police (Lead) - Aug 20, 2009
- Abducted Bihar businessman's family demands JD-U leader's arrest - Jun 02, 2009
- Bihar ruling party legislator accused in liquor trader's killing - May 27, 2012
Tags: abducted, abduction, bailable, blood stains, businessman, chanakya, decomposed body, domestic help, ganges river, janata, judicial magistrate, locality, mallar, police team, puri, son police, special police, superintendent, vijay krishna, warrant