Munda offers job to acid attack victimAugust 10th, 2012 - 8:52 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Aug 10 (IANS) Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda has promised a job and security to Dhanbad acid attack victim Sonali Mukherjee, an official said Friday.
Sonali, 27, met Munda in Ranchi Friday. Munda heard her grief and assured all possible help. He also assured her that he would ensure justice.
The advocate general has been asked to expedite the case in Jharkhand High Court.
Sonali was fast asleep on the terrace of her house in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, on the night of April 22, 2003, when she felt the burning liquid splashed on her - melting away the flesh on her face, neck, the right part of her chest and lower torso.
The three accused, named as Tapas Mitra, Sanjay Paswan, and Brahmadev Hajra were sent to jail based on Sonali’s complaint.
The youngest of the three men was let off on account of his being a juvenile, while the other two were convicted and sentenced by the district court in 2006 to nine year jail. However, they appealed in the high court, which granted them bail.
The horrific acid attack also ended dreams of a beautiful future for Sonali who is still fighting for justice.
- A beautiful life melted away in an acid attack (With Images) - Jul 13, 2012
- Husband stitches wife's private parts with wire (Lead) - May 14, 2010
- Jharkhand to construct flats for displaced people - Aug 26, 2011
- Three killed in Jharkhand police firing (Second Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Two killed in Jharkhand police firing (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Apr 27, 2011
- Acid victim finds hope in new surgeries (with Images) - Aug 30, 2012
- Woman attacked with acid after refusing to have sex - Aug 13, 2012
- Munda appeals to Marandi to end hunger strike - May 05, 2011
- Syed Ahmad is new Jharkhand governor - Sep 04, 2011
- Two killed in Jharkhand police firing - Apr 27, 2011
- Six new trains sought for Jharkhand - Jan 10, 2012
- Four killed in Jharkhand police firing, curfew imposed (Third Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Jharkhand leaders violate land law? - Feb 18, 2012
- IPS officer accused of sexual harassment dismissed - Mar 24, 2012
- Shutdown hits life in Jharkhand, Medha Patkar booked - May 02, 2011