Munda invited to form Jharkhand government, to take oath Sep 11 (Lead)September 9th, 2010 - 7:30 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Sep 9 (IANS) Jharkhand will Saturday get another Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) government, headed this time by BJP’s Arjun Munda — who will be taking over as chief minister for the third time.
With the central cabinet Thursday approving the lifting of President’s Rule, Munda has been formally invited by Governor M.O.H. Farook to form the government in the state.
A letter was sent to Munda in the afternoon inviting him to take oath as chief minister, and prove his majority within one week of being sworn-in.
The 42-year-old Munda, a Lok Sabha MP from Jamshedpur, will be sworn-in 11 a.m. Sep 11. Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) legislature party leader Hemant Soren and All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU) president Sudesh Mahto are expected to be sworn-in as deputy chief ministers with him.
Earlier, Munda went to Raj Bhavan around 12.40 p.m. to meet the governor along with Soren and Mahto.
“The governor called us informally and wanted to know when we will take oath. I suggested Sep 11. When we are invited formally, then we will inform the Raj Bhawan,” Munda told reporters after the meeting.
He said his “priorities will be sadak, bijli and pani (roads, electricity and drinking water)”.
“I am taking charge of the state when the state is reeling under a drought situation. Improving law and order situation will also be among my priorities,” he said.
Munda staked claim Tuesday to forming the government with the support of 45 legislators of his own BJP besides the JMM, the AJSU, the Janata Dal-United and two independents.
Munda is now holding talks with party leaders and alliance partner about the shape of the government.
The oath-taking ceremony is expected to be a simple affair with not many central BJP leaders expected to attend as the initiatives towards forming the government were mainly taken by Munda and BJP president Nitin Gadkari.
The cabinet will be expanded after seeking a trust vote.
- Arjun Munda likely to take oath Sep 11 - Sep 09, 2010
- Arjun Munda becomes Jharkhand chief minister again (Lead) - Sep 11, 2010
- Arjun Munda becomes Jharkhand chief minister third time (Second Lead) - Sep 11, 2010
- Arjun Munda wins trust vote (Lead) - Sep 14, 2010
- Advani upset over coalition with JMM in Jharkhand - Sep 10, 2010
- Munda to be ruling alliance joint nominee for by-poll: Soren - Jan 18, 2011
- BJP's Arjun Munda to take oath as Jharkhand CM today - Sep 11, 2010
- Four JMM legislators boycott legislative party meeting - Oct 19, 2011
- BJP's Arjun Munda to take oath as Jharkhand CM on Sept. 11 - Sep 09, 2010
- BJP undecided over Jharkand by-poll pact - Nov 14, 2011
- Munda visits mother before taking over as chief minister - Sep 10, 2010
- Choosing ministers will not be easy for Munda - Sep 15, 2010
- With JMM support, BJP stakes claim to form Jharkhand government (Second Lead) - Sep 07, 2010
- Backed by JMM, BJP set to form Jharkhand government (Intro Roundup) - Sep 07, 2010
- Tea, lunch parties to keep legislators together in Jharkhand - Sep 08, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,