Munda for development of Jharkhand’s infrastructureSeptember 6th, 2012 - 9:56 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Sep 6 (IANS) Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda Thursday appealed to the Planning Commission to give special attention to developing the state’s basic infrastructure.
Munda speaking on the last day of the monsoon session of the assembly said: “Jharkhand is the gateway of the country’s economic corridor. Proper investment has not been made in developing basic infrastructure in fields of power, road, drinking water and other sectors of the state.”
“It is a matter of concern that Jharkhand owns 40 per cent of mines but the big question is what is the living standard of the people of the state,” Munda asked.
He said there is need to increase investment in the state to improve quality life of the people of the state.
He stressed better coordination between ruling and opposition parties to fulfil the aspirations of the people of the state.
- Jharkhand wants industrial corridor like Delhi-Mumbai one - Aug 06, 2012
- Jharkhand poised for higher industrial growth: Munda - Jan 09, 2012
- Japanese PM assures Munda of help in development - Dec 27, 2011
- 'Make iron ore available for local industries' - Mar 19, 2012
- Syed Ahmad is new Jharkhand governor - Sep 04, 2011
- Jharkhand annual plan 2011-12 finalized - Apr 11, 2011
- Rs.15,300 crore plan approved for Jharkhand - Apr 11, 2011
- Injured Munda to convene cabinet meeting May 17 - May 14, 2012
- Munda: I am fine, will soon get back to work - May 12, 2012
- Munda, wife discharged from hospital - May 17, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,