Mumbai to provide housing to poor at reasonable ratesOctober 2nd, 2010 - 12:02 am ICT by IANS
Pune, Oct 1 (IANS) Floor space index (FSI) of 2.5 - equal to that in Mumbai - will soon be available in areas under the Pune Municipal Corporation and the suburban Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation to give a fillip to housing for the poor, Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan said Friday.
He said FSI of 2.5 would boost the government’s efforts to provide housing for the poor and deprived sections of the people in both Pune and Pimpri-Chinchwad.
Chavan said this after inaugurating the first phase of the Rajiv Gandhi Housing Complex and distributed keys to the slumdwellers of the Kashiwadi area.
The FSI is the ratio between the plot area and constructed area - and a higher FSI enables the realtor to construct more on a given plot of land - meaning more living or working space in the same given area.
Chavan said the government had prepared a plan to make the entire-state slum-free, including the rural and urban areas.
“Accordingly, in urban centres, we shall provide homes to the poor at reasonable rates and in the rural centres, we will give homes for only Rs.70,000,” Chavan said.
In order to ensure that the maximum number of poor people could get benefit with affordable houses, the government would soon come out with the orders granting the extra FSI for Pune, the state’s IT and academic capital, and Pimpri-Chinchwad, Chavan assured.
- Poll-eve largesse to urban flat buyers, opposition cries foul - Jan 03, 2012
- More floor area for a premium in suburban Mumbai - Oct 20, 2011
- Ahead of polls, largesse for Maharashtra's urban flat buyers - Jan 03, 2012
- Polls in BMC, 9 other municipal corporations Feb 16 - Jan 03, 2012
- 45 percent voting in Mumbai civic polls (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Maharashtra celebrates Ambedkar's birth anniversary - Apr 14, 2012
- Shiv Sena-BJP on top in Thane - Feb 17, 2012
- Polls in BMC, 9 other municipal corporations Feb 16 (Lead) - Jan 03, 2012
- Peaceful start to local polls in Maharashtra - Feb 07, 2012
- Mixed trends in Maharashtra civic poll count - Feb 17, 2012
- Maharashtra gears up for civic polls - Jan 04, 2012
- Peaceful start to Maharashtra civic corporation polls - Feb 16, 2012
- Maharashtra holds local bodies elections Tuesday - Feb 06, 2012
- Maharashtra largesse for slum-dwellers, house-seekers - Jan 03, 2012
- Sena-BJP combine triumph in Mumbai, Thane civic polls, MNS gains (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
Tags: ashok, benefit, chavan, fillip, floor space, fsi, maharashtra chief minister, maximum number, pimpri chinchwad, plot area, plot of land, pune municipal corporation, rajiv gandhi, realtor, rural and urban areas, slum, space index, urban centres, working space