Mumbai attack: India gives Saudi minister proof of Pakistani involvementDecember 26th, 2008 - 4:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 26 (IANS) India Friday furnished evidence of involvement of elements in Pakistan in the Mumbai terror attacks to the visiting foreign minister of Saudi Arabia, who called for setting up an international body to deal with the “cancer”, officials said. External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee held talks with his Saudi counterpart Prince Saud Al-Faisal and shared evidence of the complicity of elements in Pakistan in the Nov 26 Mumbai terror attacks and sought Saudi support for bringing the perpetrators of the Mumbai attacks to justice, official sources said.
“Terrorism is a cancer, we need to cut it out,“ said the Saudi foreign minister, while calling for the United Nations to set up an international body to deal with Mumbai-like terror attacks.
During the Saudi foreign minister’s visit here, New Delhi will seek Riyadh’s support in clamping down on the financing of terrorists, some of whom use Saudi charities and other fronts for generating funds for subversive activities, official sources said here.
Saudi Arabia has been a key ally of Pakistan and has enormous clout over the powers-that-be in that country.
- India seeks Saudi support in pressuring Pakistan over Mumbai attack (Lead) - Dec 26, 2008
- Yemen to get over $3 billion Saudi Arabian aid - May 24, 2012
- India to seek Saudi help to pressurise Pakistan on terrorism - Dec 24, 2008
- India seeks Saudi pressure on Pakistan against terror (Second Lead) - Dec 26, 2008
- Saudi Arabia halts Afghan mediation - Nov 07, 2010
- Saudi rulers looking for 'another Musharraf' in place of 'rotten head' Zardari as Pak ruler - Dec 02, 2010
- India asks US, China, Saudi, Iran to pressurize Pakistan - Dec 27, 2008
- Saudi Arabia honours Indian envoy - Jul 12, 2011
- Zardari to attend Islamic meet in Saudi Arabia - Jul 29, 2012
- Saudi wanted joint Arab-US-NATO force to destroy Iran-backed Hezbollah in Lebanon - Dec 08, 2010
- Indian PM concludes historic Saudi visit (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2010
- Regional Security on top of Manmohan Singh's Saudi agenda - Feb 27, 2010
- Saudi King Abdullah names Prince Salman crown prince - Jun 20, 2012
- Abducted Saudi diplomat in Yemen makes fresh appeal - Jul 02, 2012
- India, Saudi Arabia ink historic Riyadh Declaration - Mar 01, 2010
Tags: enormous clout, external affairs minister, external affairs minister pranab mukherjee, justice official, mumbai terror attack, pranab mukherjee, prince saud al faisal, saud al faisal, saudi minister, saudi support, subversive activities